No announcement yet.

totally gobsmacked and horrified

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lynda66, I am so sorry that you have had such a nasty shock.
    I really dont know what to say. You sound like a strong lady, but take care, you might feel a little rough later, maybe due to the shock.
    Love and hugs are all I can offer
    Thinking of you and the poor person who felt it was the only way.
    very sad
    Sue
    xx

Comment

Oh, how truly awful. I agree, do it properly and think about those who are left to clear up the mess, in every sense of the word. My mum spent her working life at the local uni, much of her job was dealing with the students. They were told that young women plan it for a long time before actually going through with it, but the average time between a young male making the decision and then making the attempt was fifteen minutes. Ironically though it is men who are the most successful as their methods of choice include trains and multi-storey car-parks rather than pills and razor-blades, which are much more survivable. My best friend works in trauma theatres and ends up trying to put at least two messily botched attempts back together every week. They are suprisingly successful, so hopefully this person will make it and then receive the help he or she needs.
      Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

That's horrible. I hope that you're feeling okay now.
        ScottyW, garden wizard Kids are growing up, have a corner of the garden to themselves now
        Hopefully getting my new double glazing soon, yay!

Comment

Lynda how horrible for you. Make sure that boy of yours gives you a much needed hug when he gets in.
          Its so sad that people feel so low that they resort to this.

Comment

Lynda, that was truly shocking for you. <Hugs>
            Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Michael Pollan

Comment

Oh Lynda, that sounds like a truly horrifying experience. I don't know what I can say that's helpful really but I'm thinking of you and hoping it doesn't cause you too much angst
              I was feeling part of the scenery
              I walked right out of the machinery
              My heart going boom boom boom
              "Hey" he said "Grab your things
              I've come to take you home."

Comment

Dear god that's horrid. I'm not surprised you're in shock; hope you are feeling a bit better.

Comment

probably best you don't drink. they say it makes the bad memory linger for longer. that's probably why the drunks on the street and country music singers are always going on and on about what they lost o' so long ago.

actually, it really gets my goat. why can't these people have some respect for others and do their business where others don't have to watch. bloody exhibitionists.

Comment

Lynda

How truly awful. Nothing I can say really - for once I am speechless.

Here if you need to chat.

Tammy
                    Tammy x x x x
                    Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

Things like this are really aweful to witness and it is likely to come back to you for years to come, like an action replay on TV.

I worked in an environment years ago where things like this were all to common, 40 years on and I still get the action replays at times.

You would have to be insensitive for a thing like this not to touch you.

I've often thought how do people cope when they see all sorts horrific things during times of war and I've learnt that most people have so much relief that they have survived that they can put these things in a "compartment" that doesn't really effect them too much.

I would say don't dwell on it but......
                      I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

How horrible for you. I hope your puss cat can give you real comfort at this time, whereas we can only give you virtual comfort.

And heywayne, appears to be giving us all nightmares.............................but in a nice way.

Many hugs. ((squeeze))
                        Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

hugs & good thoughts coming to you.....and a virtual large glass of your fav tipple
                          The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

apparently Police found the same woman in a distressed state wandering at the side of the M60 in Ashton earlier this morning. But it is understood she refused any more help from officers after being taken to safety.

The woman fell at 12.30pm and suffered serious injuries. Police sealed off the section of walkway for forensic examination.

The 41-year-old plunged 50ft after leaping off the top of the car park on to a pedestrianised section below.

Her condition is serious but doctors are working hard to stabilise her.

“It is understood that she did indeed jump and, as a result, there are no suspicious circumstances.”

Comment

Don't quite know what to say Lynda.
                              Just awful.
                              Sorry for you- and sorry for them.
                              Can't imagine I'd ever forget seeing that- but it sure does make you realise how precious and fragile life is.

Here's a group hug

( could you just ask Wayne if he's sure that item of clothing is upside-down??- I'm sure we'd see more white bits the other way round!!!)
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Yukky, poor you and any others who witnessed that.

Many hugs coming from us over here.
                                Happy Gardening,
                                Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X