Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since it is Sunday - anyone fancy a chat?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finedon.Dandy View Post
    Hi Guys

Having a tearfull moment..........
    Oh dear, hope it passes soon. Hugs being sent by me and mine.

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
    Hi folks
    I reckon that up here in the East Highlands we've had the best of the weather this year. My growing season is way way better than last, though the lackof rain has held my carrots, onions and spring onions back, but they'll come - dunno when but they'll come.

Humph - can you send our weather back please
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Thanks for that hug Shirl.

Was sat contenplating things whilst pulling up clover from the bank out front - was fine till I came in then felt kinda lonesome - silly cos kids wouldnt even be up at this time anyhow!
      Tammy x x x x
      Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

Made a mistake with our peas - father-in-law said to not pick em till the pods filled out more (they have now started to yellow and dry a bit) - forgot to mention they were a petit pois style. Had some tonight and they were like bullets!
        Tammy x x x x

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

Ah, I remember that feeling Tammy. Have another glass of wine - I am offering up a home-brewed Sauvignon Blanc (Beaverdale kit) - jolly pleasant if I say so myself.
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
            Humph - can you send our weather back please
            Without wanting to sound selfish, not a chance !! So far, I have had no disasters that are weather related, unless you count the infestation of red spider mite in my tunnel. With the exception of the carrots, spring onions and onions ( especially the red bolting variety !) all my crops are positively outstanding (from my point of view). Standouts at the moment include cukes, new potatoes, broccoli, peas and broadies.
            Rat

British by birth
            Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
            http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Finedon.Dandy View Post
              Made a mistake with our peas - father-in-law said to not pick em till the pods filled out more (they have now started to yellow and dry a bit) - forgot to mention they were a petit pois style. Had some tonight and they were like bullets!
              LOL, my petits pois showed great promise - they started to produce at around 3 inches high. They have reached a grand 6 inches tall and I have given up on them - the Alderman have had sweeter produce
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

Ah, I remember that feeling Tammy. Have another glass of wine - I am offering up a home-brewed Sauvignon Blanc (Beaverdale kit) - jolly pleasant if I say so myself.
                Dont mind if I do! *clink* cheers! I am drinking Bor Forras 2006 Hajos-Baja Hungary, given to us by my Grandfather who buys most of his wine from Pieroth who this is from - the rep even rung them to see how my grandmother was after her op!
                Tammy x x x x

Comment

I'm going to have a glass of homemade Elderflower Champagne, lol. Stuff's rocket fuel but tastes nice.

Comment

Cheers folks. I am off for a bath then early night. For some strange reason I am finding myself awake watching TV at odd times of the night so I need to get a bit of kip in while I can

Take care all.
                    Happy Gardening,
                    Shirley

Comment

Mines a bottle of Black Sheep Ale
                      The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

I am off to watch BB
                        Tammy x x x x

Comment

Oh dear, hope you are better soon. Well done on cooking dinner! Have you got what Madmax has? Sore throat and hellish cough?
                          It's a bad bad cough but as I've also got asthma it's the not being able to breathe that really gets you down.

the OH is on a pint of Fiddler's Elbow and I;m on the licorice tea with hone.

Off for a bath in a bit as well; the coughing hurts so bad that my head hurts now every time I cough.
                          Last edited by zazen999; 10-08-2008, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                            It's a bad bad cough but as I've also got asthma it's the not being able to breathe that really gets you down.
                            Madmax says 'I know that f@#$%ng feeling' he has asthma too.
                            Happy Gardening,
                            Shirley

Comment

Yeah I got a bad cough but I think mines due to 40 fags a day!
                              The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Madmax says 'I know that f@#$%ng feeling' he has asthma too.
                                I think we are more susceptible; he's right it's not a good thing to have.

Hope he's better soon; I hope my doc tomorrow has some sort of solution...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X