No announcement yet.

Favourite Dog

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine are Gordon Setters - stunning! I also adore Boxers (loving all the pictures guys) and greyhounds.

Sadly we don't have the space or time to have any sort of dog and MrPB isn't particularly keen on them anyway. (I think he was frightened by a Peanuts cartoon as a small child - I always loved it when Snoopy did his impression of a vulture!)

Comment

Originally posted by Stacey Steve View Post
      pjh75

No it's not the camera angle and OH was in the foreground, so she is the one that looks a bit bigger.

steve ........ i think you will die for that comment when stacey sees it

Comment

PATTERDALES
        This is my boy with his mother.
        Attached Files

Comment

dogs do smell a bit and can make the car pong but children can make cars pong too(I feel siiiickkkk!!) my favourite dog is a labrador, they are so funny and loving and very good with children. My only bad experience with a dog was with a jack russel we had to get rehomed as it kept biting my son. it yapped constantly and drove me mad.

Comment

Got to be German Shepherd for me! I wouldn't have anything else.

Living in the sticks as I do they are perfect guard dogs (soft as clarts really!) but the burglars don't know that!

Very affectionate......... as close to a wolf as you'll get, very trainable and they are noble and aristocratic creatures!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by coomber View Post
              we have two newfoundlands (fizz & jake), Absolutly love them to bits, but yes my Freelander stinks!!!! They don't smell to good most of the time either because we live by a river and can't keep them out
              [/I]

I think you will find that breed was bred to swim, they even use them as life guards on some beeches as they are excellent swimmers.

If you look at your dogs paws you should find they have webbed paws, when they do the 'doggie' paddle they move their paws slightly to the side and use their tail as a rudder, this is what makes them such good swimmers.

Also their coat acts like a divers wetsuit, it should keep them perfectly dry and warm underneath as it is water proof.

You are actually letting them do a very good thing as this fullfills their breeding instinct, I suggest you give them a wash when you get home as the water may not be too clean and also if at the beach its a good idea to wash the salt of their coat.

Anyway, my favourite dogs are all types of dog, but I do have a soft spot for GSD's, Westie's, Pitbulls and Rotty's.
              Last edited by jamesp; 13-08-2008, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                You can bring it if you like but I might need it for a few days!!!To do a proper job you understand
                great, what have you got in the showroom for me to borrow then ha ha !!! a nice discovery with all mod cons i think! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                  What is your favourite dog?
                  aka
                  Suzie

Comment

My favourite are cocker spaniels. I had one but it was sadly hit by a car when it was 5 months old, we have a new little one now, she's lovely
                    ScottyW, garden wizard Kids are growing up, have a corner of the garden to themselves now
                    Hopefully getting my new double glazing soon, yay!

Comment

I'd like a working spaniel or a cocker spaniel.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X