No announcement yet.

Thngs to do when it's raining

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the moment when it rains (well all the time really!) I'm on the internet looking at lovely plants for a new border. I've never really done flowers before, so this is a new thing for me - perennials and grasses and perhaps a few bulbs. I'm really enjoying it! I've already got some seeds to get going (border isn't even dug yet!). Otherwise I like to go and hide in the greenhouse - time just flies by pinching out!
    Life is too short for drama & petty things!
    So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
      You lot are off the wall, there's only one thing you should be doing when its raining, putting your sou'westers on and going out splashing in all the puddles.
      Up here that would be pretty well every day!
      ~
      Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

It's forecast rain for tomorrow aftrenoon here (yaaaaay ) so after I've made up my veg boxes, I'll make a start on planting out my leeks - or maybe do some big style weeding - using the strimmer !
        Rat

British by birth
        Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
        http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Washing, washing, washing, walked the dog & got wet, more washing. Wish it'd stop raining - I've run out of drawer space for all the clean clothes

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
            Washing, washing, washing, walked the dog & got wet, more washing. Wish it'd stop raining - I've run out of drawer space for all the clean clothes
            I sorted the kiddies rooms at the w/e & was really chuffed at how tidy & spaciuos their wardrobes/drawers looked~then made the mistake of getting through my mountain of ironing!!~if ever an excuse were needed to not iron.....!!
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
              I sorted the kiddies rooms at the w/e & was really chuffed at how tidy & spaciuos their wardrobes/drawers looked~then made the mistake of getting through my mountain of ironing!!~if ever an excuse were needed to not iron.....!!
              I think it is vital to have clothes in a number of locations otherwise you discover just how much you have got!! My places are as follows

Drawers, wardrobes, on top of chest of drawers, ironing basket, laundry bin, washing line, tumble dryer, back of door, radiator in bathroom, and a small clump of socks by the bed.
              I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

I think it is vital to have clothes in a number of locations otherwise you discover just how much you have got!! My places are as follows

Drawers, wardrobes, on top of chest of drawers, ironing basket, laundry bin, washing line, tumble dryer, back of door, radiator in bathroom, and a small clump of socks by the bed.
                Worried to see yo're not also using backs of chairs!!Really is a waste of a commodity!!
                Off for a rather wet picnic!!
                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                  Worried to see yo're not also using backs of chairs!!Really is a waste of a commodity!!
                  Off for a rather wet picnic!!
                  Oh yeah, I forgot about them, they are used too.
                  I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Your lucky, my OH took out the built in wardrobes 2 years ago to put in a new floor and I`m still waiting for him to build new ones. So we have an open-plan wardrobe. Ie all the clothes are on the floor, mine are tidier than his though, he mixes his dirty clothes with the clean ones where as I put the dirty ones in the basket in the bathroom he doesn`t seem to know what that is for!!!!
                    I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

Well you could always snuggle up with the other half
                      The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X