Comment

Put on my wellies and keep working !!
      Rat

British by birth
      Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
      http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Learn to "do" quilting as well as Flummery. That is beautiful, you should be very proud. Trouble is... the ironing is beckoning, good thing is, it isn't raining so, the garden it is.
        Last edited by scarey55; 05-08-2008, 09:44 PM.
        A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Another great quilt Flum. Looks fantastic - as they always do.

Been raining here today too, so I indulged in a bit of cardmaking. Here's one I made for a wedding couple ........ oh back to work tomorrow and no doubt the sun will shine!

Attached Files
          ~
          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

I play Final Fantasy on my PSP!!
            The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by JILLY JACKSON View Post
              That quilt is absolutely beautiful! I cant imagine how long that took you to make flummery,you have obviously got a great talent,wish i had.
              Fortnight! Baby born 2 weeks ago today. I made the blocks by hand but I machined it all together and machine quilted it. Baby quilts spend at least half their time in the washer or on the line so machine quilting is perfectly good. They never last long enough to be heirlooms!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

The card's beautiful Jennie. That will be treasured long after the big day I;m sure.

Today I will be mostly making Tayberry Conserve.

(I might get the leeks in - can do that in the rain!)
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Great quilt and great card. We are on our holidays so yesterday we went to clarks village in somerset didnt buy much bit dissapointed with the shops really.
                  the weather was damp and dark walked back to the car at 5 ish and it felt like october but warm.
                  Last night I took my 12 year old daughter and 13 year old niece to see Mamma Mia at the pictures, such a funny film one for the ladies though, want to go and see it again.
                  Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                  and ends with backache

Comment

Sulk mainly.

If I had a garage or shed I could stand up in I'd probably do more, but I'm somewhat limited to the house - which isn't really craft friendly (this is likely to change in the coming months/years).

These next few months will probably be spent decorating the nursery, sanding down, painting and building a changing bit on top of a set of drawers and future proofing the rest of the house.

That is a gorgeous quilt ma, if you ever set up shop I'd buy one (at least) from ya!
                    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                      Ironing.

Iro-what, now?

I sometimes do housework, but mostly my activities have to be done rain or shine. I do try to tell the ponies to get their own damned dinner and clean up their poo, but will they listen!?

Otherwise I just sulk, with the cat cuddling up to me in sympathy.

Comment

You lot are off the wall, there's only one thing you should be doing when its raining, putting your sou'westers on and going out splashing in all the puddles.
                        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                          You lot are off the wall, there's only one thing you should be doing when its raining, putting your sou'westers on and going out splashing in all the puddles.
                          If it rains tomorrow tis what we'll be doing!Have promised the kiddies a picnc in the park so come rain or shine!!~We've all got waterproofs so bring on those puddles!!!
                          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                            If it rains tomorrow tis what we'll be doing!Have promised the kiddies a picnc in the park so come rain or shine!!~We've all got waterproofs so bring on those puddles!!!
                            Its all about the state of mind, and mine is aged 4.
                            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

i tripped over the cat yesterday and fell in the pond ........ does that count? didn't have any waterproofs on though
                              Last edited by lynda66; 06-08-2008, 09:45 AM.

Comment

That's a lovely quilt Flummery, you are clever! I like to enter on-line competitions, rarely win but it's fun.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X