No announcement yet.

Another lovely July morning

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dry but overcast here, suns tried to ge through but reckon rain will arrive later. Brillant sun yesterday

Comment

It's still peace miserable here. A pal popped in to the office earlier to drop off some cauli plants he had for me which need to be planted out soon (they're getting too big for the modules). Doesn't look like I'm going to get them planted out any time soon.
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Well the school runs done so my prediction is "any time now the rain WILL stop!"
        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
          Well the school runs done so my prediction is "any time now the rain WILL stop!"
          Unlikely here. LadyWayne's just called to say all the trains out of London are buggered (on her line), so I'll need to pick her up from another station on another line.

Undoubtedly "water on the lines" blamed as the problem, or the wrong kind of water...

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
            Unlikely here. LadyWayne's just called to say all the trains out of London are buggered (on her line), so I'll need to pick her up from another station on another line.

Undoubtedly "water on the lines" blamed as the problem, or the wrong kind of water...
            Nope!&I'm not the next Nostradamus~still P***ing it down here too!!
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Has being pouring here in Essex all day. Have been working as usual so got totally soaked, but warm and wet - so much so that I did the school run soaked and have now steamed gently to a slightly damp state and haven't bothered to change yet! Cut 5 lawns in the rain, strangely they all looked really good!

Comment

Drizzle n downpours all day in sunny Manchester today! Just back from the plot, having managed to do a bit of hand weeding and get myself thoroughly wet n muddy n nettled! Mr D is also all mucky n wet, but did manage to lay in another 2 paths on the original plot, only 1 main one left to go in and it'll be done - apart from laying weed control fabric and bark chippings!
                Blessings
                Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

it's rained in worcestershire all day and from memory it's about this time of year when it all went dreadfully wrong. i'll see caravans floating past the window any minute. FED UP NOW!!!!! someone please tell it to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                    yup well at least for the time being, it is basically half a greenhouse attached to a shed, (that some kind soul on freecycle is giving me and the shed has access into it, and until i can get the rest of the hedge up and remove a couple more dead/nearly dead trees, put a fence out on the waste ground at the back, i figured the easiest way will be to put wire mesh in place of the bottom glass bits, and cover the top over with some tarpaulin, so they have a nice run and that also means i can get them sooner

Lynda xx
                    oooooh! Posh chooks!
                    Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

P......................................................ersistantly raining!!!!!
                      The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Wet...................

Very wet here in Leicester.
                        Started off this morning light rain, on to moderate rain for the bulk of the day, that about 5ish really heavy downpour, now back to moderate.

Driving conditions quite bad. M1 near here been shut due to 2 pile ups.

Cannot believe its the height of summer.
                        Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Is it summer? Thought I'd been in a coma and woken up in Autumn!!!!!!!
                          The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Just typical, this week is enterprise week at our school, year 10 on work experience, year 9 on camp , year 7 and 8, loads of 'fun' activities outdoors. SO much rain! we haven't heard any news from the campers, they've probably been blown away or drowned. Year 7 went to Rochester today, walking around the castle, catherdral and museum. I went last year, great day out when it's fine, wouldn't fancy it today, loads of walking. Year 8 were at an outdoor activities day or at the university doing phorensics and physics. I was so pleased I'd been sent on that one!
                            At good day out, finger prints, ballistics, lie detectors (could do with one of those installed at school ), fibre detection, then liquid nitrogen and dry ice. Frozen flowers, ice cream and balloons that deflated when frozen and re-inflated when they warmed up.
                            Got home to flooded path again, I was glad I picked the beans last night, it was bucketing down again!
                            Last edited by BarleySugar; 09-07-2008, 07:35 PM.
                            I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                            Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just looked outside. Yep, still raining!!

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Today for us is supposed to be sunshine and showers so I am hoping to go to the Lottie and pick peas, lettuce, Potatoe's and whatever else is ready.
                                Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                                and ends with backache

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X