I really am stuck!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
    Okay, you should have qualified your first post by saying that you are incredibly generous when it comes to gifts. I got chuff all from my OH last month - he thought I was buying something for myself!
    That took me a couple of years to save up for!

Besides, LadyWayne treated me to a night here: Raymond Blanc's Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, Restaurant & Hotel Great Milton, Oxfordshire

for my 30th two years prior.

LadyWayne doesn't really have any interest in the plot - she sees it as my hobby/away time so doesn't really want to get involved (plus she hates getting icky). I did buy her some spotty wellies (with their own matching bag and everyfink), but she only uses them when she's doing the little "mound" at the front of the house.

I like the picnic idea, but with my propensity for being bitten, LadyWaynes dislike of the great outdoors and the recent weather it looks unlikely. Great idea though in my opinion.

We're going out for dinner with her parents, brother and his Lady on the Thursday, then her best friend is coming to stay at the weekende, so we should have a pretty busy weekend at least.

Loving the ideas, keep 'em coming.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

look at this Antica Murrina Veneziana Kiruna - Murano Glass Bead Stretch Bracelet
      Last edited by Headfry; 07-07-2008, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Hey Wayne

Dig out a special photo of you both and get it professionally mounted and framed.
        Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Michael Pollan

Comment

gawd blimey - I was gonna say 'she's a toughie to please' but then look at who she married ....so, give her a picture of 'your' wedding day and say 'you have all you need'
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
            Wayne as slave boy for 24 hours?

Day out somewhere funky with a market and swanky eaterries?

What about one of those virtual presents where you send money to a worthwhile charity etc [googled 'lady wayne's birthday pressie' and 2 came up - there's nothing like being literal].

Have you asked her what she wants?
            No need to wait for her birthday for me to look after her.

She has given me a list, but it's mainly for other people should they ask (which they invariably do).

There's always the old fallbacks of Molton Brown/Jo Malone/Decleor/Clinique stuff, but I like to always get something a little different - make the effort.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
              No need to wait for her birthday for me to look after her.
              Yeah - but do you do it in a thong? Daily???

Comment

do they make thongs that tall
                aka
                Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                  Yeah - but do you do it in a thong? Daily???
                  Only when I'm dusting.

Love those two websites, thanks Birdie Wife and Headfry - just the kind of thing.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I know you've not got much time to do so,but how about making something!going with Traceys idea of a special photo but make a frame?or a cake?(i haven't loaded piccies on pooter yet but I made Daisy a fairyland cake last week~you could copy the design if ya like!~before I go into my multi million business of cake decoating & copyright my designs!!LOL)doesn't matter if you're not that good at arty stuff~sometimes the more "rustic"the better~after all it's the thought that counts!!
                    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                      I know you've not got much time to do so,but how about making something!going with Traceys idea of a special photo but make a frame?or a cake?(i haven't loaded piccies on pooter yet but I made Daisy a fairyland cake last week~you could copy the design if ya like!~before I go into my multi million business of cake decoating & copyright my designs!!LOL)doesn't matter if you're not that good at arty stuff~sometimes the more "rustic"the better~after all it's the thought that counts!!
                      Another great idea, but neither of us are particularly keen on having our photos taken, so there aren't many photos that we like of us together. Even less keen about having our own photos on display.

LadyWaynes Mum and Dad are bringing her a cake (made at the same place our wedding cake was made) when they come over next week.

Tough innit?

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Pair of socks?!
                        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Heywayne

A poem?
                          Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Michael Pollan

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                            Another great idea, but neither of us are particularly keen on having our photos taken, so there aren't many photos that we like of us together. Even less keen about having our own photos on display.
                            What about a photo of you doing the dusting in a thong on a huge cake so that she can nibble you whenever she wants.

I'm down your way on Thursday - I can bring the Nikon!

you can pipe a poem on if you've got a steady hand.
                            Last edited by zazen999; 07-07-2008, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Day trip to Dublin or one of the other cheap flights which return on the same day to Jersey or somewhere like that??
                              Train day out for afternoon tea in London or one of the other big cities??
                              I took my mother to Chester for afternoon tea at the Grosvenor Hotel ...all very smart and comfy ( and VERY filling!- followed by a little wander round the shops. Nice treat!

Mystery tour to Chester would be quite nice, whatever the weather
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

One of my friends had a day in bed with her OH as his pressie to her!!!
                                ( special breakfast/lunch and supper all made in advance and eaten in bed!!!)
                                Where on earth do I pick up these weird folk????
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X