Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Tesco thread - big brother is watching!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kristen View Post
    I think its more scary than that even ...

... imagine walking down an aisle in M & S and a computer voice saying "This scarf will go really well with that Next blouse you are wearing"

assuming you have not been able to see/find, let alone remove, the RFID tag from the blouse you bought ...
    Wouldn't mind that... I'm crap with finding clothes!

Comment

In that case:

"This string of onions will go well with that Next stripy T-shirt you are wearing ..."
      K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Deja Vue folks but.. stop complaining and start acting !

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
          There's is another reason why I shop in Asda.
          Do you pay with a card? any card Visa Master delta electron. They use the card number to track you....

In the office at the store they can tell in real time what is going out the door. Item by item by who and when
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

"They use the card number to track you...."

Have you got a citation for that? My understanding is that would be against their merchant agreement, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Comment

All right, the Tesco supermarket uses my details, they know what I buy, and what I don't buy.

SO. When it sends me my 'loyalty' coupons, why are they for things I never buy, and will never buy?

valmarg

Comment

I bought some boots for my daughter that broke after two weeks, sotook them back to tesco. The boots had been reduced and I didnt have a receipt at the original price. They offered me the reduced price refund which I refused. Along came the store manager who took my loyalty card scanned it and confirmed that I had bought the boots at the original price. Full refund. I was pleased to be vindicated, but shocked at how easy it was to track all my purchases.

francesbean
                My Square Foot Gardening Experiment Blog :
                http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...log_usercp.php

Comment

"When it sends me my 'loyalty' coupons, why are they for things I never buy, and will never buy?"

One day you will give in and buy them.

The saying goes that analysis showed they were selling Beer and Nappies in combination (wife phones husband, "Get some nappies on the way home") so they moved them to opposite ends of the store

Comment

just before christmas i purchased a kettle and toaster,the kettle lid has broken,so i thought no use taking it back as i cannot find the receipt,but after looking at his thread i am thinking may be in with a chance,it was on the same list as some groceries,mmmm,what do you think,what can't speak,can't lie,OR CAN IT.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I was impressed, with the earlier thread, that they offered any refund without a receipt (maybe it was something with Tesco's brazened all over it), and the Loyalty Card trick seems like a good idea if it helps prove that you bought something. I can't see me bothering to keep a receipt for longer than it takes to throw it away.

How many kettles with broken lids can you round up?

Comment

just one kristen,,this threads gave me hope,will try my luck when i go that way next,and if needs be will tell them to check out my loyalty card,
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Yes, they know everything about us.

It will be worse when they have credit cards that use fingerprints, so they can track your exact physical location.
                          The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it. -John Ruskin

http://wormsflowers.blogspot.com/

Comment

Come on guys, we are not there yet nor do I think we ever will. Civil liberties, Asda cannot check my C/card legally for regular purchasing, it is against the law. They do not have a loyalty card scheme, but then I have no problem with Tescos either. I will purchase goods from whoever is the most competitive, but heaven help anyone who misuses my details or tries to sell them on. They are always slightly different with different spellings which allow me to paper trail anyone who steps out of line. I never ever give consent for my details to be used for marketing purposes, and would happily prosecute anyone who chose to.
                            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

"so they can track your exact physical location"

You'd better turn your mobile phone off then ...

"They are always slightly different with different spellings which allow me to paper trail anyone who steps out of line."

I have an Email domain which allows me to use ANYTHING@mydomain.com. I always register with names like growfruitandveg.co.uk@mydomain.com. If they sell my email details, or get hacked, I will now what the source was. I must be registered in gazzillons of places, it has happened twice - once from a very dubious company, so no surprise. Once from a respectable company and I worked with them to try to find the cause and in the end we couldn't decide if something my end had "harvested" it from my Inbox, or if it was a leak their end. Therefore pretty rare in my experience. (There are outfits on the InterWebThingie which will provide you with a disposable address for registering - if you don't have the option of an ANYTHING@mydomain.com, but like the idea of unique email addresses for each site you register at). They have the benefit that if an address becomes compromised you can change the settings so that all email to that address will no longer be delivered.

Comment

Well it must just be me then, I find the 'My Favourites' section of Tesco online very handy for reminding me of stuff I've bought and want to buy again.

If you're that bothered just delete them from your 'Favourites' list.
                                To see a world in a grain of sand
                                And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X