No announcement yet.

Religious Propaganda

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lzyjo, you get beggars from the Fire Department? Why? Do you mean your Fire Department is underfunded? If so, please do not fire to anything
    Last edited by FROSTYFRECKLE; 11-11-2008, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
      I have to admit if you tell em your a born again Christian they dont come around again either

We have a meeting house at the end of the road so a pair of old dears pop by every 6 months or so. I tend to just politely say no ta.

I was at college last year with a Moonie. She was odd but then I think she would have been anyway
      My experience (partly personal, partly what friends and relations have told me) of JW (admittedly some time ago) is that if you claim to be a 'saved' Christian (the term 'born again' has become abused of late), they want to spend a couple of hours explaining why you can't be! Tell them you are Roman Catholic, Pagan, Atheist etc, and you won't see them for dust! They use their own version of the Bible, with apparently tiny differences which are actually very significant.....
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I respect anyone's religious beliefs and frankly, I think cold calling is so difficult I don't know how some religious groups (or indeed salespeople) do it. I usually immediately just say, not interested, no thanks, and slowly but firmly close the door.

If it's someone attempting to sell something I just tell them I don't have any money. That soon dissolves their interest.

But back to your basic comment, Izyjo, about the unwanted 'additions' with your order - looks like it's true that sport is a religion with some people!
        My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
          Where do JW's stand on someone who has already given blood, is it straight to the fire my boy, or are they forgiving of previous transgressions!!?
          Mikey, don't you mean transfusions?
          My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X