No announcement yet.

Religious Propaganda

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

even though neither of my children are still wearing nappies my excuse is al;ways that i'm in the middle of changing a nappy:same goes for door2door sales!
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I just tend to tell them to go away. I am already known as the "weird woman" in the village (I'm not the only one here though!!) The local church soon learnt to stop sticking papers through out door! (I was cleaning one of my ornamental daggers at the time and had it in my hand).
      http://www.freewebs.com/notesfromtheplot/ **updated**

Comment

my OH always tells them to come back when i am in!!!!!!!!! then i tell them to go away politely! NOT!!!!

Comment

my wife is slovakian so she answers the door to them and starts speaking slovak and pretends that she can't understand them. they give up fairly quickly
          Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
          Bob Dylan

Comment

I like the JWs.....Awake is a great booklet, I always take one to read in the lav. Always very nicly turned out and very polite and the children are always well behaved.

I like the Mormons better even if thy don't give you free magazines.

They know we are Pagan but they always pop round for a chat once a month.

Once the JWs even helped me paint the house.

If they live their lives with respect for themselves and those around them....they are friends of mine....even if I don't beleive in their god and they don't believe in any of mine.
            My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

The local JWs know we're pagan too. We are still visited by the same dear old boy though on a regular basis. The conversation always goes;
              Old boy - raised eyebrow.
              Me. 'Sorry'
              Old boy. 'Well I've got to try'
              He's never offered to paint our house though, but then the thought of him tottering up a ladder is truly terrifying.
              Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I've never had any problems with them.
                we used to live about 10 houses away from a meeting house and were regularly visited.
                I object to any form of cold-calling, but once I'd had a long chat with a few of them to find out what they had to say..and remembered a few of their names....we were never visited again.
                There are always the rude/pushy folk who spoil things for everyone else aren't there??
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Always very nicly turned out and very polite and the children are always well behaved.
                  We have the same said about our kids, it shut the local priest up when I told them I was heathen (not pagan...full on heathen not a crystal or piece of velvet in sight. I am also a witch.) and my kids didn't go to school! Now we are "that" family. As for Mormons. I had a friend who always took me to the LDS hall when I used to go visiting...I never went round that often.
                  http://www.freewebs.com/notesfromtheplot/ **updated**

Comment

They never seem to bother us anymore, dont know if its the fact that the last time they tried I 'shot them down in flames' by asking the questions from the wonderful piece of writing by Oberon 'Otter' Zell called 'The Other People' (featured in the Green Egg magazine many moons ago), whether it may be the green man and green lady icons next to the door, the fact the House Name is Summerisle (Whicker Man) or the fact the Bella (our dog) is 7 stone of Great Dane / Alsatian cross breed!

Whatever the reason, I'm quite happy to be left in peace nowadays, as we're far too busy to sit around discussing their beliefs! Did once have a very long chat with a guy from the Bhuddhist center at a previous house, a lot of mutual respect came from that!
                    Blessings
                    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

If the door bell rings I can look out the front window without being seen and If I dont know who it is or it looks like a salesperson I simply dont answer.
                      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                      and ends with backache

Comment

We rarely get anyone knocking on our door any more - the village is a "no cold calling" zone (boards up as you enter the village).

In our old house when we'd get people knock on the door I'd just open it and stand there, staring, not saying a word. Sometimes it was tricky to keep a straight face, but worked nine times out of ten. Silence is quite a strong deterent.
                        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                          ... Silence is quite a strong deterent.
                          what is this 'silence' you speak of? I was born without that gene
                          aka
                          Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                            what is this 'silence' you speak of? I was born without that gene
                            The same silence I use when people phone up and ask "can you speak?"..................................*tumbleweed............................................................*tick tock.................................................*wind howl...................................
                            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I get my partner (we're both pagans)to answer the door to JW's .He's an ex-evangelical Xtian who transliterated the bible from the Hebrew(just for his own amusement) in years gone by and taught sunday school at one point,they don't know what hit 'em,lol

The mormons here have taken to approaching ppl in the street(i've never seen them do that before)but whilst standing at the bus stop last week we noticed they rode straight past us on their bikes and grabbed every other person who walked past(could've been the huge pentacle and goddess pendants i was wearing or indeed my partners old horny and green man pendants)

We also have a huge sally army citadel at right-angles to our back gate.......last year we had our car parked out there complete with its "I'm pagan and i vote" sticker......woke up one morning to find we'd had a tract shoved under the back w/s wiper........inside someone has scrawled in biro(suprised it wasn't crayon) that "Jesus died for your sins".....obviously for our personal benefit as no-one else had one on their car!!!!!!!

Comment

We don't get many cold callers (the dog sign puts a lot of people off) but for those who do venture up to the door I just tell them no thanks and shut the door. My OH however is not so polite

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X