Blimey, it's Sunday again!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
    Do I take it that we don't do sunday night chat anymore then?
    it's on summer vacation,i take it that this is an alternative for in the mean while.
    i wish we had some of the rain going about,the lottie is fast becoming a desert.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

we went for a father's day picnic to Fountains Abbey and it rained. It was sunny all day back home (bah) ..

Could do with a good downpour to fill up my new water butt !!

Comment

New plot is looking great thanks Sarah, and the old one is doing fine, we've almost finished putting in some more cross paths to make it match the new plot and tie the two in together! There's some piccies on the blog if you'd like a look!

We had an oven-eque 2 weeks ago! loL!

Nick, the SNC is on holiday until the autumn (or so the power that be tell us!) so there's been a few unofficial SNC thread such as this! Tho tis not the same without LJ and yourself bantering!
        Blessings
        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Hi Nick & BirdieWife
          Yes, Sunday Chat is on holiday. But it still seems to pop up in an ordinary thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
            ! There's some piccies on the blog if you'd like a look!
            Just been having a quick shufty at your blog
            We're not doing so badly on our new one, got a couple of beds planted up, and 2 more to plant up this week with the winter veg. Really pleased with ourselves
            The chap next door's plot, I've manage dto get him some cabbages in, and sown a few rows of carrots, but the rest of it has had to be glysophated because I couldn't manage it all. Another plotholder is going to rotavate it for him, then we'll cover it with cardboard & manure so that at least the soil is improving. Saw his wife the other day and we both ended up in tears - he's not too well at the mo Wish I could do more.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie Wife View Post
              Hey Nick, looks like it's you and me! Have you been lurking onthe Vine, haven't seen you posting in a while?
              Hi BW,

No haven't been lurking just busy with the W word plus I've got a few things on the go at home as well ( re -doing some of the garden as it's got a tad out of hand),

I logged on tonight and ... no sunday night chat then saw this thread. I've looked in a checked the posts to see whats happening but just haven't had time to post myself.

I only started on the lottie the other week !!! Bit embarrassing really ... as the secretary I had to write my self a letter to say tidy it up or else Still got nearly half done now but I'm having a rethink as to what I grw up there. Really there;s only me and Mrs G at home now so a lottie full of veg is a bit OTT - just don't know whether to drop down to a half plot of have some fruit on the other half.
              ntg
              Never be afraid to try something new.
              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
              ==================================================

Comment

Evening all,

I am one content lil girl! I am sat with my feet in a footbath, a crisp £10 (payment from one very "happy with my card I made her" customer) note in my pocket, with the smell of fresh bread filling the air around me! Bliss - except Daniel is throwing a tantrum upstairs as he had a "I am too ratty to be awake" sleep earlier and so now we are paying for it!

Tammy
                Tammy x x x x
                Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

Nick! Tut! Well, makes me feel better about my garden lottie now - bit too much bare soil. Couldn't plant much this year because the chickens have discovered the joy of brassicas and I don't have enough netting to keep them off. Ach!

Tammy, can we come round to yours and eat toast?

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                    Just been having a quick shufty at your blog
                    We're not doing so badly on our new one, got a couple of beds planted up, and 2 more to plant up this week with the winter veg. Really pleased with ourselves
                    The chap next door's plot, I've manage dto get him some cabbages in, and sown a few rows of carrots, but the rest of it has had to be glysophated because I couldn't manage it all. Another plotholder is going to rotavate it for him, then we'll cover it with cardboard & manure so that at least the soil is improving. Saw his wife the other day and we both ended up in tears - he's not too well at the mo Wish I could do more.
                    Cool, sounds like you're getting it well sorted chuck! Dont blame you being pleased, tis a good feeling to see the progress, especially when you have 2 plots AND are helping your plot neighbour like that!
                    Blessings
                    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
                      New plot is looking great thanks Sarah,
                      Nick, the SNC is on holiday until the autumn (or so the power that be tell us!) so there's been a few unofficial SNC thread such as this! Tho tis not the same without LJ and yourself bantering!
                      Whats this about new plots ... does this mean you've got 3 now Mrs D? It's noce to know I'm still missed

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                      ...The chap next door's plot, I've manage dto get him some cabbages in, and sown a few rows of carrots, but the rest of it has had to be glysophated because I couldn't manage it all. Another plotholder is going to rotavate it for him, then we'll cover it with cardboard & manure so that at least the soil is improving. Saw his wife the other day and we both ended up in tears - he's not too well at the mo Wish I could do more.
                      We've just let a plot to some one and the day after she got it some pllock T-boned her and wrote her car off and gave her severe bruising and whiplash I was going to write to her and tell her she's got 28 days to tidy the plot in a get well soon card but the rest of the committee thought it was in bad taste
                      ntg

Comment

Originally posted by Finedon.Dandy View Post
                        ...except Daniel is throwing a tantrum upstairs as he had a "I am too ratty to be awake" sleep earlier and so now we are paying for it!..
                        Is he the better half or a small person
                        ntg

Comment

Nick! Tut! Well, makes me feel better about my garden lottie now - bit too much bare soil. Couldn't plant much this year because the chickens have discovered the joy of brassicas and I don't have enough netting to keep them off. Ach!

To be honest I had a couple of rows of taties in last year that got blight in all the rain so I sowsed the area in a substance beginning in Armillar and ending in Tox just to make sure the ground was clean and I've got some of the best rows of tatties ever I never did get round to digging them out

I think they were Kestrel ( or something else) so it will be interesting to see how they turn out.
                          ntg

Comment

We took over the full plot next door to our first plot 5 weeks ago Nick (the one with the blue piping on it that you spotted in the Newbie thread 18 months ago, if you remember?), just as the tennant gave it up, Mr D has worked extremely hard to dig the beds and clear the paths, and its now fully under cultivation, tho has put us a couple of weeks behind in some of our planting! The full plot we had last year we are keeping, Mr D has been putting in some paths to tie it into the new plot, but the half plot we had last year we are giving up (one of Lee's friends has taken it, on the understanding we can harvest our spuds, beetroot and spring sown onions from set when they are ready! (we will split the harvest with him, so he wont loose out). Officially we have paid for 2 full and a half plot, but Lee's friend has given us some towards the half plot rent, and is now loving sorting out paths and beds to his own design!

The new plot is lovely, came with an 8' by 6' greenhouse, shed and grapevine, so we've finally reached parity with your 3 greenhouses Nick, a 10 by 8' on the original plot, an 8' by 6' on the new plot, an 8' by 6' in the back yard and the walk in plastic 6' by 4' on the new plot too! There's all the details n piccies on the blog, if you wanna take a look!
                            Blessings
                            Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
                              busy with the W word
                              Nick! Go rinse your mouth out with soap. I'll have no such swear words here thank you.

Can you tell I don't want to go back tomorrow?
                              Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

What a waste of fresh bread!
                                Tammy x x x x
                                Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X