No announcement yet.

think before you post

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a very bad habit in this country of dwelling on the worst rather than emphasizing the good. This is one of the main reasons I no longer watch the news or read the papers. Its just not healthy, there are more good deads done in a day than bad, but our media twist the perception.
    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

ooooh dont get me started on the media!!
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
        Which is why unfortunately people (especially men) are reluctant to help a small child they may see in distress.
        The best thing to do is hold the child up high shouting loudly"Lost child,lost child"

Comment

Originally posted by Polly Fouracre View Post
          The best thing to do is hold the child up high shouting loudly"Lost child,lost child"
          Poor little fecker would be scared witless if I held them up high!
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

In hey waynes case that could leave frost bite on the poor child.
            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

It's mainly a question of awareness. This applies to other things than children. When my son - now 6' 8" tall, was 18, I impressed on him that if he was out - either alone or with his mates, and he saw a woman on her own walking ahead of him, he should cross the road and walk on the other side. It made no difference to him, but would make all the difference in the world to a woman who then realised she was NOT being followed by a scarey giant!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                In hey waynes case that could leave frost bite on the poor child.
                Tall geezer then eh?

Horrible things have always happened to people. It is simply a case of more media attention to it now, exactly as Mrs C2B stated. We cannot wrap 'em up in cotton wool and as responsible parents we have to make our offspring aware there is a dangerous world out there. There are scum and predators everywhere and we do have to watch out, but MK1 and MK2 boys go out to the village green, woods, and muck about away from our view. I used to be out for the whole day (w/o a cell phone as well ) and I had a great time.

Society is just too paranoid and PC. I for one will no longer help a child in distress (being a 40 year old male) incase it is miconstrued I have alterior motives. A sad society we live in if this is the 1st assumption folks make. The folks that helped Ariea's littl'un were indeed brave given todays values.
                Let's go diggin' dirt....

Big silver bird, come land low and slow
                Cut your engines, cool your wings,
                You've taken me home...

Comment

I would think poor Fleur will be too embarassed to post anything else on this forum! Perhaps we could all say "Sorry,Fleur" don't take it to heart?
                  She gave her view with the best of intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                    NOT being followed by a scarey giant!
                    Oi, just cos we're tall don't mean we're scary ma. (mange tout, one of LadyWayne's colleagues spotted us in Sainsbury's once but was too scared to come over and talk to us because of me - imagine!)

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                    Tall geezer then eh?
                    5ft 19 in my stockinged feet

Originally posted by Polly Fouracre View Post
                    I would think poor Fleur will be too embarassed to post anything else on this forum! Perhaps we could all say "Sorry,Fleur" don't take it to heart?
                    She gave her view with the best of intentions.
                    Come back Fleur - it's really quite nice in here.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                      5ft 19 in my stockinged feet Come back Fleur - it's really quite nice in here.
                      Should'nt that be 6'7"

Comment

Originally posted by Chillimad View Post
                        Should'nt that be 6'7"
                        You are one of a select few who get that!

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X