No announcement yet.

School Fundraising Ideas?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've decided to go with a Gala Day on 6th of July. I've been asked to see if we can get someone to sell plants etc. We're based in Coventry, just off Bray's Lane; Sacred Heart School.
    It'll be from 12 until 3 pm, if anyone'd like to set up a stall please get in touch.
    Also, I was thinking of getting in touch with Rowntrees for a guess how many Smarties there are in the jar competition. Do you think they'd provide us with the necessary things??
    That mile of pennies is a good idea too, it'd get the kids involved but I thought we'd try it with 20 pences instead.
    Any other ideas??

Comment

Regarding a plant stall do you know anyone locally that works for a nursery or garden centre they may give you some plants to sell.
      We also used to ask local traders and visitor attractions for gift vouchers / entry tickets and sell them as lucky tickets then we decided to auction them on the day of our summer fete its suprising how much we made.
      you could have a cake stall and ask parents to bring cakes on the day we were lucky enough to have a mum and her mum make all the cakes and they were fantastic.
      Each class were asked to bring in something different like sweets, bottles, tins, bric a brac books anything second hand needs to be in good condition.
      We also had a theme each year and had a fancy dress competition.
      there's lots of things you can do but probably like in most schools it all comes down to the same few parents that help out.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

P.S charge a small entrance fee for adults and older children and put a lucky number on and have a prize
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

Well so far I've contacted; Argos, B&Q, Pizza Hut, Coventry City Football Club, Rowntrees, Tesco & the list goes on. Rowntrees got back & said no, even though I only asked for a jar & some sweets for the guess how many thing They can't supply everyone I suppose so I'll try local shops for that one I think. Still waiting to hear back from the rest of them. Fingers crossed

Comment

The Co-Op are worth contacting as they have a heavy commitment to supporting local causes...or your local Woolies? Even if you end up having to buy sweets you can still make your money back - Lidl/Aldi and Woolies are all good for cheap sweets!

Comment

co-op always send a voucher, farmfoods also, good for getting cakes/drinks or raffle prizes - bottles of wine etc, local macdonalds usually offer happy meal (end of line toys) good for kid's tombola/lucky dip or bags and cups for providing refreshments in maybe? you can get an ice cream van in and charge a pitch fee.

Comment

btw a tombola is always a good one, non uniform day for the kids in return they bring in a prize, you could stage this over a few weeks if the school are willing and ask for different donations etc

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X