No announcement yet.

My Nan Died

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear about your Nan Lainey Lou. Nans/Grans are always special - and as I am one now I can assure you that grandchildren are too. As others have said, she will have been proud of you.

God bless

Flum
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

So sorry Lainey - sending you lots and lots of virtual ((((hugs)))).

I went through the same thing with my dad a few years ago, so I know how difficult it is to deal with but also what a release it can be for the person suffering. Your nan was very lucky to have you looking after her, you are a very special person.

Take good care, all my thoughts are with you.

Sue
      xxxxx
      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Always a sad time - thoughts are with you.

Comment

My condolences

Geo..

Comment

So sorry to hear your news. I know what you are going through as I lost my Sister to cancer last October I looked after her for the last 18 months before she died, its horrible watching someone you love going through this terrible disease you want so much for them to be free of pain, My sister was so brave she has left behind a 13 year old daughter and husband.
            We still cry when we think of her but we also laugh when we remember something silly she said or did its ok to do this.
            It proved how much people thought of her as over 400 people attended her funeral, the church was packed.
            I sat on her bed at the hospice and willed her to die under my breath telling her that mum and dad were waiting for her and that we would see her sometime in the future. She was in so much pain I didnt want her to suffer anymore.
            My thoughts and prayers are with you take each day as it comes and it will get easier the worst bit is after when people dont know and ask how they are I welled up lots of times just go with it and grieve.
            Love and hugs Jackie
            Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
            and ends with backache

Comment

Lots of love Lainy, I lost my mother to cancer after a two year battle. She loved robins, and everytime mine comes to 'help' me when I'm digging in the garden, I smile and think of her. I'm always closest to her in my garden.
              Take care
              Becki xxx

Comment

you are all so lovely, thank you all, I'm so lucky to have you,xxx
                Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Choose a star and name it after your Nan, that way you can always blow a kiss goodnight to something as beautiful.

I found this helped when my Dad was taken by Cancer last year and never go to bed without blowing a kiss to the sky.
                  Minty X
                  " If it tastes like chicken THEN EAT CHICKEN " :- Kermit The Frog

http://mohicans-allotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh So Sorry to hear about your Nan Lainey Lou. So proud of you and what you did helping to care for your Nan in the last stages of her cancer, it must have been so hard on you & your family; she is now at peace and she will still have that same smile every time you think of her.
                    Keep hold of the good times in your heart. Lots of BIG Hugs XXX
                    Smile and the world smiles with you

Comment

LL, big big hugs!!!!!!!! BW said before '...keep the good memories...' I do with my Dad even though a few years have passed and it is soooooo true. Take care xxxx

Comment

Originally posted by lainey lou View Post
                        I haven't been round on the vine much lately as I've been helping to care for my Nan in the last stages of her cancer.
                        She died yesterday morning.
                        I am so proud of her and the brave way that she fought the illness. I'm sure it was her spirit and determination that kept her going for so long, she always had a smile for us even when she was in pain.
                        My family and I will miss her greatly but I'm glad that she is now at peace.
                        Love you Nan. x

PS thanks to those of you who noticed my absence and have shown your support xxx

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))sweetheart. I know what your going through, I lost my mum last January to cancer........its a terrible loss and it isnt easy but if you ever need to bend an ear, pm me with yuor number and i will call you xxxx
                        Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

My condolances sweetie.
                          Gardening Blog:
                          http://dig-for-victory.livejournal.com/

Comment

every sympathy to you and yours
                            The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Sorry to hear your news LL. Your gran was lucky that she had you to look after her. My gran died after suffering 3 strokes after I left home for university. I'm sure you love your gran as much as I loved mine. I was only 18 when she died (I'm now 46 this year) and I still get comfort from going to my gran's grave, tending to it and putting flowers there, even now after all these years. I can talk to my gran, and feel close to her, and it helps, even after all these years. I hope you can do the same. Bernie aka DDL
                              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

All the best to you at this sad time LL. Remember her as she was before this hideous illness took a hold; remember the good times!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X