Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me or does Joe Swift look REALLY uncomfortable on his lottie?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
    Oh look its JS's mum! *Yawn* Don't like the comments don't read the thread!
    Sorry miss.

Resorted to name calling I see? Nice.
    Last edited by HeyWayne; 19-04-2008, 05:32 PM.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
      Oh look its JS's mum! *Yawn* Don't like the comments don't read the thread!
      LOL LOL

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

I sometimes look uncomfortable on my allotment, especially when peeps are constantly nattering away about THEIR problems, wouldnt be all feel uncomfortable trying not to make a t*t of ourselves whilst being filmed by the BBC? I dont like JS but I agree with Piskieinboots, maybe we should merge the two threads together.
        Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

sorry to but in, but.... ain't that what life's about accepting what other's believe? we can all learn from each other? I really couldn't give a toss what other people think about my gardening knowledge etc etc etc. I enjoy what I do, don't have an allotment, quite a large garden thanks, but eh, such is life, I make full use of it. sorry but, the term 'armchair critics' springs to mind with this thread and find it a lot on the other threads, sorry if it offends, no harm meant, but if we were all so good at the gardening thingy, so to speak, then we would all be on the tv being the hot topic of conversation on sites like this wouldn't we?

Comment

mrsc2b, i couldn't agree more with you tbh.

Comment

i think that it is a bit of a 'jump on the bandwagon' type of thing but i still watch it.

the only moan is that JS is trying to be 'green' by using his bike, we see him leaving his house etc, then arriving at the plot and doing his thing, but how do the camera crew, soundman, producer etc get from the filming at his house to the allotment, not by bleedy bike I bet!
              Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
              Bob Dylan

Comment

All I say is bring back Percy Thrower!
                The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                  All I say is bring back Percy Thrower!
                  Great minds!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I don't think Percy Thrower would be looking too good these days.... lol

janeyo

Comment

Did they say Fridays GW was JS showing his family the plot?.....did I miss it???

I have really mixed feelings about GW at the moment. Surely, Jo as a garden designer must have some idea about plants and growing (a veg is a plant after all) in order to design gardens? What if paying customer wanted a veg plot? how would he design that without knowing something about veg growing? I am confused.
                      Also- they do keep going on about the 'new format' 'long border' 'Berryfields own compost' 'my own wonderful compost' and so it goes on, and on, and on. It just seems as if they are trying to 'pack out' the program.
                      Come on BBC we are not hard to please, real people doing real garden and allotments.
                      Sorry, don't wish to knock anyone, it just seems so twee,and dumbed down, and this makes me sad!
                      I used to love GW.
                      Monty D's Fork to Fork book is an all time fave with me.
                      Jo was ok when he was just Jo
                      Last edited by Headfry; 21-04-2008, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
                        Did they say Fridays GW was JS showing his family the plot?.....did I miss it???
                        next Fridays GW is JS and his family. I missed last weeks but watched it on the website over the wekend, you can still see it til the next programme. I found it better as I minimized the screen with the speakers on and went on the internet and when monty said about the allotment I watched it - the allotment was on twice, I listened to the rest

Comment

I loved Percy and his no nonsense approach to all things growing and for those who can remember thar far back he certainly was working allotment style and building things too. We can't like everyone but Joe Swift is fully qualified and knows a great deal more than I do. I still miss Geoff Hamilton's approach and Alan Titmarsh's cheekiness. Makes no difference to me or my plants in the long run though.

Comment

the good thing about gardeners world is that its on in the evening (late here cos were an hour different) and you cant garden then so you might as well watch gardening.French TV doesnt seem to have anything similar......
                            i preferred Chris Beardshaw ....yum
                            http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

I quite like the new look GW, my missus goes all weak at the knees at the sight of Monty and I have to say I think Alys is a bit tasty! Posh tottie if you like. JS does look a bit out of his depth on the allotment and I can't believe all the freemans he gets off his council, we get bu**er all. I like Carol Klein, she's a bit of an earth mother I think. Compulsive viewing though in the dougie household!

Comment

Originally posted by Jardiniere View Post
                                the good thing about gardeners world is that its on in the evening (late here cos were an hour different) and you cant garden then so you might as well watch gardening.French TV doesnt seem to have anything similar......
                                i preferred Chris Beardshaw ....yum
                                You can watch bbc in france? Or do you watch it online?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X