Lets Grow Veg Magazine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no sign of an online application method

Are any of the offers about to expire timewise - particulary the book I've read about?

Would anyone be prepared to PM with details?

Comment

Well the enclosed leaflet for the free book states.. " All orders must be received by 25/04/08. Only 1 application per reader, Please note free book only must be claimed by post."

If you want to order one of the DVD's as well (which are Agatha christies Garden, RHS Gardens of Cornwall, RHS Chelsea Flower show 2006, The Eden project, Monet's garden at Giverny & The country diary of an edwardian lady 1906-2006.) You can Order by website www.stourvalleyoffers.com/bk011-ace
      THIS WEBSITE IS STILL BROKEN

The free book is £2.99 for postage, the DVD's are £6.95 for 1, £12.95 for 2, £22.95 for 4 & £32.95 for all 6.

You need the leaflet.

Btw, the book is a year at Kew.

Also a free Blackcurrant bush from Mr Fothergills is £3.95 for postage, again you can only claim by post.
      Last edited by seasprout; 07-03-2008, 07:14 PM. Reason: extra bit
      Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

My wife and I have been to our local (very large) Tesco and it has not been on the shelf and I'm miffed I have missed issue 2 and would really like to order a copy but the website hasn't got any 'back issues' links can I be assured I will be able to get a copy (plus what ever goodies were on the pack). I have just bought issue 3 from Saibsbury's today - had a quick flick, looks good

Comment

Hello Chris 1994, I also got issue 3 from my big tesco today. the leaflet in it for cheap fruit bushes was also in issue 2. However in issue 2 there was an offer for 10 packets of seed for a few quid.

Hello and welcome to the vine by the way.

Comment

I tried to find one (issue 2) in our Tesco; wanted to see the Grapevine's contributions. But they didn't have any, and didn't know what I was talking about when I asked.

Comment

What a palaver.

Think you have to find somebody who actually deals with the magazine section, although I admit this veg mag distribution has been not very well deployed, I think more people than not have been disappointed in not finding it.

Thought GYO where going to sort it out with on-line ordering.

NOW according to the Ad for Lets grow Veg issue 2 and 3 should be available at Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, WHSmith and Morrisons.
              Let's Grow Veg Magazines

I admit i went to Tesco's about 7 am yesterday and found the 10 issues they had still in boxes in the mag isle, my trusty Swiss army knife helped out there.
              Last edited by seasprout; 15-03-2008, 08:51 AM. Reason: its swiss not swish... silly moo..!

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
                the spotty oik I spoke to didn't know much.
                Our mk1 son can be like that - he works in Halfords. It must be a teenage thing. If there is no X cube 360 or whatever they are rarely interested these days! Anyway, after sufficient beatings round the back of the store he now has a far more interested approach to customers and victims alike.
                Let's go diggin' dirt....

Big silver bird, come land low and slow
                Cut your engines, cool your wings,
                You've taken me home...

Comment

Well the mag has got as far as Scotland - bought one last night - thoroughly enjoyable, but did notice free offer of a blueberry plant (page 38) closes 28th February 2008 !

Comment

Ho yes, i see it now... ALL of those offers closed Feb 2008. Whats going on guys...?

Comment

Tesco & Mag (long)

I initially had a problem with Tesco on issue 2 on the day. Discussed it with the staff at 2 of my local Tesco's and like others had no clue. Reason was eventually found, as being it was not a standard Magazine release I.e weekly, Monthly Quarterly...

I buy a lot of magazines and yes I use Tesco's, simple reason is that I have problems with deliveries from local shops I.e damaged, wet or even not turning up at all, also two local newsagents now charge you a £5 deposit to keep an order for any magazines. So therefore buying my Groceries and magazines makes sense. Less mileage involved and I get points which always come in handy at petrol time!

As for Magazines I think there is a wind of change happening and talking to our local lady who works for a distribution company says that Kitchen Garden type magazines are selling more and that general gardening magazines are 'dropping like flies' Cliche sorry :-) She went onto say that it was not small increases/decreases but very large. I have noticed that so called main Garden Mags are now having more Veg type articles.

I would be nice to have an area where we can talk about gardening in print .i.e Book reviews

As for 'Lets grow Veg' I find the magazine very good indeed there was a bit for everyone and the couple of pages of information on each of the free seeds is excellent. I am only getting back into Veggies after being diagnosed with MS a few years back and hope that 'Let's Grow Veg' becomes a Quarterly as the cost will be more eaisly affordable and become more seasonal.

Keep up the good work 'Jeannine' and my wife likes the colour coded gardening attire (Especially the very clean wellies) but we did notice mud on your gloves, so you do garden
                      HAPPY 'Growing My Own'
                      Dale

Comment

A little confused here ... we're new subscribers to GYO magazine, just got first one and its great! Whats the difference? Would there be any benefit in this magazine as well? We ARE new to this, but GYO seems to answer all the questions...? In any event, we would wait to it to be available elsewhere - dont want to further encourage Tesco world domination...........

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X