No announcement yet.

Lets Grow Veg Magazine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to let you know - I emailed Ben - the senior programmer - who posted the annoncement and you will find that it has since been removed - the inference to buy online that is.

The intention is to allow this method of purchase in due course - presumably if there are any left?

The announcement was put up rather hurriedly and not properly proof read - but has now been corrected until such time as we can buy online!

Comment

I bought one last year - waste of money. Had read most of the articles somewhere else, none were any match on the advice on here and the seeds were ok I suppose for a newbie but I will be swapping most of them to be honest [actually, that reminds me...].

Comment

Hmmmm free seeds? whilst free seeds are gratefully received (thank you) it always happens that I have bought what they are offering as a gift. It would be great if they could give us say- 'new' varieties or something different to try. Am I the only one up to my neck in free basil, carrot and tomato seeds oh yes must not forgetting the 'mixed salad leaves' too. Plant ties, write on labels, soil ph kit, all would be very handy as gifts.

Comment

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
          I'm being plankish Paul, I've looked on the main website to find out how people can buy direct, with a view to posting the link here, but i cannot find the info...

Any help...?
          I've just spoken to Jeannine, who has in turn just spoken to the lovely Ben. I think he's sorting it out right now.
          Resistance is fertile

Comment

I've always thought he looks a bit like Tom Cruise... But we don't like to say in case he gets big headed!!!

Comment

Just been speaking with the lovely Ben, and indeed the lovely Dave, and Veg wont be available online for a while after all, as they are up to their ears in making videos and all the other things that web development people do!

We'll put a new announcement up as soon as the mag is available online, in the meantime it's just Tesco stores.

Sorry to anyone who isn't near a Tesco - I appreciate that this is a real pain.

The next two issues will be available in Smiths, Sainsbury's etc too - which should make it a bit easier for people to get hold of it.

Comment

I sincerely hope that GYO will NEVER give exclusive distribution rights ever again.

It seems that the smaller local/express Tescos are not stocking it.

Of the 2 small stores which are a mile or so in either direction - one actually said that they were unlikely to stock it anyway as the cover price would ecourage it to be 'nicked from the shelves' - and that is in the sleepy and - they would have us believe - 'refined' village of Rottingdean!

Has anyone tried to get it thru phoning the subscriptions number?

Comment

Wouldn't matter if the lovely Ben himself was selling them at the bottom of my driveway, I still wouldn't buy it! Eight quid is just far too much for a magazine, even if it does come with a bunch of seeds (I have all the seeds I want anyway) - I have bought superb gardening books for less than that!
                  Maybe I would buy it if I was just starting out though, & I hope that's the market it's aiming at.

Comment

I cannot get it at my Tesco's, did want to have a nosy at it all. Bit concerned at the price tho!

Not sure that the magazine can sustain itself at the price they are marketing it at.

Good old GYO

Comment

I've been working on GYO and Let's Grow Veg since the launch of both and I think they're both great in different ways - if I didn't I'd be working on changing them!!!

GYO has a fantastic regular following and a lot of our readers have been gardening for a while.

LGV has proved extremely popular with people who are completely new to veg growing - they've said it made it easy for them to get a whole set of really good seeds and detailed growing instructions to go with them. It's precisely because the first issue (that we did last year) has been really popular and turned so many brand new people on to growing their own that we're doing a lot more issues of LGV this year.

We've also had lots of nice letters from really keen gardeners who loved LGV because they are serious veg growers and they enjoy trying a few varieties of each veg every year and it made that easy for them too.

GYO and LGV are sister titles so we want them to have a similar feel and both be as informative and well-written as possible. We're also keen to offer as much choice to as wide a range of readers as we can, so we're getting as many people as possible interested.

More people growing their own means more people can enjoy being able to eat fresh, tasty food and more allotment sites and gardens are safe from developers building on them.

I'm sure there's always room for improvement though, so if anyone has suggestions of things they'd like to see more of in either mag - this is the place to tell us and we're all ears!

Comment

Is the next issue, Issue 3, still on track to be out March 14th..? , as issue 2 was delayed, just wondering..?
                        Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Well I sleeped down to Ma Cohen’s emporium of canned goods today...with Mrs Nog. And it ended up costing me £70 for food and £2.10 to have the car washed.....and they didn't have the mag...knew nothing about it....well to be true...the spotty oik I spoke to didn't know much.

On the plus I did get 5p off my petrol.
                          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by Dane End Dolly View Post
                            I cannot get it at my Tesco's, did want to have a nosy at it all.

Good old GYO
                            Its in a sealed printed bag, not a lot to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by jeannine View Post

I'm sure there's always room for improvement though, so if anyone has suggestions of things they'd like to see more of in either mag - this is the place to tell us and we're all ears!
                              Nice link into my suggestion there. Podcasts. Its the future.
                              A lot of BBC mags have them, Countryfile mag, Wildlife mag, Gardens Illustrated mag.....

Worth a mention at the next GYO staff meeting..?

Comment

Lets Grow Veg Magazine

Just been to my local Tesco(main store). Haven't got it haven't heard of it?!
                                History teaches us that history teaches us nothing. - Hegel

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X