Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I would pop in for a nice healthy drink, do you have any advocate, I think I will drink that for a high protein intake
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

We have Avocados, Avatars and there may be some Advocaat left over from last year's GR gathering, so may I advise you, as your young and friendly Advocate, to check your spelling.

Comment

Been out to the shops twice today to search in vain for toilet rolls as we only have one left, also no chicken, mince, pasta, rice or hand gel. Might have to resort to burglary, someone nearby must be hoarding. Off to find my stripy jumper, balaclava and swag bag.

Comment

I popped into our local Sains***y this morning, with instructions to buy some frozen meat pies, potatoes and hot cross buns.

It was like a third world country: empty aisles where fresh, frozen and canned food ought to be.

If I'd wanted easter eggs, frozen pigs in blankets, lettuces and crumpets I'd have been okay; that was about all they had. But as it was, I came away empty-handed.

I'm just hoping that by next week everyone will have filled their larders and freezers and there will still be some food on the shelves at 11 in the morning.
          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

I am dreading to find out what might be lurking in the depths of my freezers. We might end up living on frozen cherries and strawberries with peas and french beans. I haven't seen handgel since I don't know when. (It's not something I normally buy). I haven't been to a supermarket for a week. I'm going to have to go soon for milk and whatever protein is available although I did visit my fishman today. He was in "rant" mood saying that we should all take note of any individuals or companies who try to rip us off now and make sure we boycott them for eternity. I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              We have Avocados, Avatars and there may be some Advocaat left over from last year's GR gathering, so may I advise you, as your young and friendly Advocate, to check your spelling.
              Thank goodness I can now take auto correct off, I was thinking of the former football manager of that great Scottish team, and must have touched e but now I no your thare its fine
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

I have no idea what you're talking about, rary,................as usual.

Here's a lime to go with your avocado.

Comment

I'm giggling at the 'Sains****y', as I read it as Sainshitty haha

Good news for me to share today - I got the results of my latest essay from Open University in my economics module... I got a 77 which is very close to a 1st. If I don't come across as absolutely stunned at that amazing result, please take my word for it
                  https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

A pint of Clerk's Dark Badger Lifter, please.
                    Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                    I’ll have a pint of fishers ruby goat worrier
                    Founders nutty ferret slurper for me....Can I have it in a fancy glass?? I seriously hate drinking out of a pint glass
                    Last edited by Scarlet; 19-03-2020, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I reminisce about taking an empty bottle to the off licence and having it filled with "sherry from the wood". Wonder how much it was ??

Also the bottle of "Blue Nun" that was never drunk but taken to every "bring a bottle" party. Wonder whether it was ever drunk?
                      OMG! That's just brought back some memories I was a Manchester student and Rusholme "curry mile" as it's now know used to have an off license opposite our favourite bring your own curry house! Most of them bought the lager I always got Blue Nun - it was all I could afford. It didn't taste too bad with a Rohan josh
                      Last edited by Scarlet; 19-03-2020, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Congratulations Sarriss, but possibly you could have made it easier on your self by following the old yins stories about yellow sticker hunting, which gives guidance on good economics, which to put it in a nutshell is, don't buy anything that hasn't got a yellow sticker
                        I am now off to find a nice drink of anything that is cheap, or free

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                          I am now off to find a nice drink of anything that is cheap, or free
                          Home brew is the way to go rary .

Comment

Since its your Anniversary, rary, I've opened some fizzy pop, yellow stickered, of course .....

Comment

You lot are sooooooooooo funny hahahahah,who needs a telly for comody,we can make our own,for free,keep it up.
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

You should see what we get up to for laughs and fun here, LD.

Mr Snoop has a box full of assorted electrical switches. He got them out and we spent a happy ten minutes or so testing them all and seeing how satisfying the switch mechanism was to operate. He has a few that look a bit like robots, so they got walked around the table for a few minutes. He's got one with a tail of wires hanging out, so I made that one fly like a comet over my desk for a bit. And look, I've had another few minutes of fun just writing all this down.

Six days in now. We've got weeks of this ahead of us...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X