Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reminisce about taking an empty bottle to the off licence and having it filled with "sherry from the wood". Wonder how much it was ??

Also the bottle of "Blue Nun" that was never drunk but taken to every "bring a bottle" party. Wonder whether it was ever drunk?

Comment

Yes

Yes it was

By me, late in the evening.

Unfortunately
      sigpic
      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Sherry. English vs British.
        Another story for another time
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          I reminisce about taking an empty bottle to the off licence and having it filled with "sherry from the wood". Wonder how much it was ??

Also the bottle of "Blue Nun" that was never drunk but taken to every "bring a bottle" party. Wonder whether it was ever drunk?
          I used to love Blue Nun at family parties, always
          made me feel reallyy posh...

Def not thorough, I am from a coal mining family x
          Last edited by Mamzie; 18-03-2020, 08:34 AM.
          Anything is possible with the right attitude, a hammer
          and a roll of duct tape.

Weeds have mastered the art of survival, if they are not in your way, let them feed bees

Comment

Farmers Smooth Spaniel Worrier for me. Just a half. It doesn't sound that nice.

Comment

My grandma was partial to a babysham!
              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Think I still have a babycham glass somewhere - with the little "cham" on the side!!

Comment

I have an ‘old speckled hen’ glass, OH has a Wainwright one. He didn’t want his to be labelled as a hen as he thought it was too effeminate!

Whether I’m starting early at our virtual pub, or still up from last night, I’m leaving you to guess!
                  Last edited by Chestnut; 18-03-2020, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Up quite early with hopes of getting to the plot - but too much happening at work - everyone is copying me and trying to work from home ('cept they are mostly IT illiterate... and I have to sort them out... )
                    meh...
                    sigpic

Comment

My mum likes babycham. I keep looking for it every online shop I do for her. But no-one seems to sell it these days.

Still off the booze here. Though we did eat rather a lot of ginger biscuits to make up for it...

Comment

Baldy the it man.

Now there's an idea for the next charity calendar!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                          Farmers Smooth Spaniel Worrier for me. Just a half. It doesn't sound that nice.
                          That sounds illegal . Maybe it’s my mind

I always used to have babycham at Christmas when I was a kid .

I was alway aloud my own drinks bar in my bedroom over the Christmas period. A bottle of white wine, bottle of sherry and several bottle of babycham............ and a big bottle of lemonade to water it all down.

So it turns out I’d been drinking white wine spritzers a good decade before they were trendy and well below the age of 10.

My grandparents were awesome

Comment

My mum likes babycham. I keep looking for it every online shop I do for her. But no-one seems to sell it these days.

Still off the booze here. Though we did eat rather a lot of ginger biscuits to make up for it...
                            You can get "the happiest drink in the world" at Tescos it seems Snoop
                            https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/258444966
                            sigpic

Comment

Baldy the it man.

Now there's an idea for the next charity calendar!
                              He may have left a couple of letters off at the start...............shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

^Nooooo. I refuse to have read that.

(I've been watching too many series on TV involving time travel, evidently.)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X