Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ins and Outs of Gardening - a Challenge!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat and Sunday:
    In; hours of effort (!) in the sunshine, last of the spuds in, carrot and lettuce and beets sown. Bean frame up, last of the beds prepared for the year ahead. Herbs and flowers planted in the raspberry bed, rosemary and chives planted in the artichoke bed. (work hours =3 , sitting in sunshine watching birds at the feeders =14)

Out; couple of leeks and kale for Sunday lunch. Vit D manufactured

The best bit is I have today off so get to spend another 8 hours in the garden, working,
    V.P.
    The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

• Today!
      In; sown sunflower seeds, kale, collard, chard, turnip, spinach, peas and potted on a load of seedlings.

Out: the last of the leeks where the turnips needed to go, 5 hours of sunshine and bird song.
      V.P.

Comment

• In Tomatoes into bigger pots

Out Kale and PSB
        Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• In today, peas in the ground and assorted beans in pots
          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• IN; lots today- all squash, cukes and courgettes sown, Aubergines into their final containers and growing spot (plenty of fleece protection) emptied the main composter into the Dalek, and put some of the almost done stuff in the bottom of my hot bin to get it started. Watering, robin watching...

Out: leeks, some overwintered lettuce from the GH, parsley and a bit of a tan The winter woolies have been put away and the sun hat is in use!
            V.P.

Comment

• In lettuce plants

Out the last of the leeks and Parsnips and PSB and kale

Comment

• in: Beans, nasturtium and sweet peas. Potted on the best of my tomatoes (again) now in 1lt pots planted up to their 1st set of true leaves. Hopefully there will be some well advanced root growth when it is time to plant in final positions in about 3 weeks.

out: the last of the winter lettuce. Now awaiting the products of this years labour...
                V.P.

Comment

• Out more PSB, amazing that it is still producing!

Comment

• Lots and lots of IN... seeds, potting on, planting out, watering, earthing up, tidying up, preparation and building frames for the glasshouse tomatoes etc.

OUT: a slight suntan, start of the herbs and lettuces, asparagus, joy of counting newts in the pond (4?)

waiting for the rain to stop and I am out there again!
                    V.P.

Comment

• Out, baby salad leaves

Comment

• In...brocolli, pac choy, spring onions, radishes.

Out..garlic chives, mixed salad leaves and radishes.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X