No more likes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quanglewangle View Post
    For the record, and in the unlikely case mrs quanglewangle ever strays onto this forum, I deny any first hand experience of swiping right.

I came to know about it since it seemed to be the dominant activity among my students in lectures on such riveting topics as Algorithms Underpinning Asymmetric Cryptosystems
    Yeh, right!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      It's a dating website Bren, swipe right if you like the look of them or left if you don't.
      Dating was much simpler in the 1970's
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        Dating was much simpler in the 1970's
        I'm not sure I'd agree with that....

Comment

I agree. you try pulling when you look like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	1970s Men's Fashion (29).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	2386013

Comment

At least they look clean.

Comment

'60s in London: a friend of mine would go out in Kings Road with a clipboard and approach young women as if conducting a survey, ask a number of questions ending with "what are you doing later?"
              I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."
              ∃

Comment

That's why the pre-internet days were so good. You met someone in person and decided whether you like what you saw, or not, and take it from there. None of this putting yourself out there to the world and getting upset if you weren't as desirable as you thought you were.

Comment

I'd never have got anywhere if judged on what I look like... Must be my winning personality.

Comment

Me neither Snoop my OH admired my feisty attitude

Comment

Likes are strange things. The woman who "invented" them actually regrets it now. She was interviewed about 6 months ago and said they seemed good at the time but have I suppose like many things gotten out of hand.

Came up on another forum and I realised after a while that instead of "Like" maybe "Agree" would be better.

Would rather have no Like button as not sure what the intended purpose was. I suspect it was "I like what you are saying", as in "I agree with you". Now it seems people just press it in passing.

Another option would be a time out on Liking a post. Say in 2 days time the Like option is unavailable. Only say this as on the other I find people will "Like" some post that is a month old. To me not applicable, does make me wonder if they have read the post or any of the thing, or just gone through pressing Like almost randomly.

Comment

I use them when I agree with the post or literally 'like' what it says to me or to everybody.
                        If I haven't liked a post it is because the post doesn't hit either of those 'buttons'.
                        It really, REALLY, doesn't mean disrespect or dislike of the post/poster.

Having said that on some supposedly sensible chat forums I've sometimes wished for a 'That's total BS ' button

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk View Post
                          Likes are strange things. The woman who "invented" them actually regrets it now. She was interviewed about 6 months ago and said they seemed good at the time but have I suppose like many things gotten out of hand.

Came up on another forum and I realised after a while that instead of "Like" maybe "Agree" would be better.

Would rather have no Like button as not sure what the intended purpose was. I suspect it was "I like what you are saying", as in "I agree with you". Now it seems people just press it in passing.

Another option would be a time out on Liking a post. Say in 2 days time the Like option is unavailable. Only say this as on the other I find people will "Like" some post that is a month old. To me not applicable, does make me wonder if they have read the post or any of the thing, or just gone through pressing Like almost randomly.
                          I have been known to like an old post without realising it is old. If an old thread has been resurrected that I never read originally, I might read it and only afterwards realise the early posts are ancient.

Comment

I can't believe that people actually have an opinion on "likes".
                            "Likes" are like "Smiles". I suspect that the people who don't give Likes also don't smile at people or talk to strangers.

Comment

^I can't believe that of Rary!

Comment

I don't want to - but reluctantly, I do now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X