Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planted out some dwarf french bean plants where the potatoes were.

Comment

• Potted up some sprouted dwarf french bean seeds.
      Planted out the last of the leek plants at the allotment.

Comment

• A bit of weeding this weekend, and sowed Florence fennel, plus more carrots and radishes.
        Also did some panic spraying of maincrop potatoes and tomatoes - looks like blight has arrived on a couple of allotments on our site

Comment

• Finally planted out the last of my Annuals, Bells of Ireland, some Salvias and Cerinthe Major. My lovely neighbour gave me a big Penstemon and a Gaura so planted those too. Started to prune one of my Pyracantha and some Spring flowering shrubs. Sowed some more carrots and radishes. Planted out the last two Cobra beans.
          Today was a good day.
          Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
          Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
          https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
          Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Sowed a bunch of seeds.

Took some lavender and wisteria cuttings and stuck them in a deep pot, roughly covered with some bubble wrap, placed in a cold frame. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Pruned my cherry tree.
              Coppiced the willows at the allotment (need to dig them out this winter).

Loosened the roots of all of my onions. They are starting to die back now, but I want the space for purple sprouting, so I've decided to hasten the process a little. I also brought back eight suspect looking bulbs (don't think it's white rot - half seem to be some sort of blue-green mould, and the others some sort of brown rot), and two that had grown a load of weird bulblets at their base, for some reason.

Comment

• Last few weekends rather than today, but
                - picked courgettes
                - serviced the plot's lawnmowers (well, the easy ones)
                - mowed my plot (at long long last)
                - picked courgettes
                - took the small person to pick blackberries
                - picked carrots (Nantes Early)
                - planted some cheeky infill carrots in the gap
                - did I mention picking courgettes...?

I think tinkering away at a few lawnmowers in the peace and quiet of the shed may be my new favourite thing...

Comment

• Last couple of days I’ve been pulling up bolted lettuce and weeding. That latest rains really made the weeds grow.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Abit more of a tidy up, sawed some wood for the fire, cut up a load of wood for kindling, trimmed back the Ivy and Russian Vine on the bottom wall and filled up all of the bird feeders, having given them a good clean first, finished off with a walk round the village. Bumped into auld Tam, who was telling us how he keeps folk away, he's been making up jokes, he told us one and it worked, we legged it with him laughing his head off as we left.

Comment

• Huh. This is where this topic disappeared to.
                      Why was this one moved and not the "What I intend to do" one?

Comment

• It's not been moved, just no-one has posted on it, it's never been a sticky as those who use a mobile phone to access the forum find having too many stickies makes using the forum almost unusable.

Comment

• But this is General Chitchat. Wasn't it in Vegging Out before?

Comment

• Agh, can't remember if I'm honest.

Comment

• It definitely was. That's why I stopped posting in this topic. I didn't realise it had been moved; I thought it had simply been deleted for some reason.
                              And now I'm wondering why it was moved in the first place, and also why the "What I intend to do" topic hasn't been, as surely either both or neither should be moved.

Comment

• It seems that there might be some sort of work still going on behind the scenes as we are noticing a few odd things still going on, it might well suit being here as it's not just about veggies is it?
                                There a several threads that for some reason do not appear on the "new topics" page and are being left behind and not being noticed, I will try getting in touch with admin, but at the moment they seem to be busy somewhere.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X