Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^^^I detest bonfires . All my house neighbours seem.ro thrive on them grrrrr
    Northern England.

Comment

• Got loads done yesterday. Finished the pea structure and planted the ones I had in the greenhouse and some more I had been chitting. Potted on courgettes and tomatoes. Rest of the time spent working on the front garden breaking up the big clods of topsoil, pruning, hoeing and replanting daisies and teasels that I'd temporarily moved. My husband built me 3 Wigwams for the sweet peas out of raspberry canes and will get the sweet peas planted out tomorrow I hope. Feeling a bit stiff and sore today.

Comment

• A few of the horse jobs needed doing today so after a few hours chain harrowing one of the fields I couldn't bring myself to then do large amounts of stone shifting on the new greenhouse project.

That'll give me some "lockdown exercise" during the coming week instead.

Instead I repainted/stained the outdoor raised beds. Some hadn't been done for years so was very much overdue.

Also got most of the automatic watering system in place in the polytunnel.

Comment

• Shredded all my accumulated prunings today (except the rose - too thorny). The home prunings (mostly buddleia) then went into the garden compost bin, and the allotment waste (mostly kale stems and cardoon roots and stems) will be taken back to the allotment for composting.

Also sowed some more pepper seeds, to replace the ones I accidentally fried.

Comment

• Uncovered the tunnel bed ready for digging.
            Moved the micro greens growing area in the little tunnel and replaced with 2 fish boxes for cucumbers & courgettes.
            Washed a lot of pots.
            Scribbled a plan of what’s growing where. No doubt that will change.

Comment

• Moved all my bedding plants out of the conservatory and into the greenhouse.
              Dead headed all the daffodils that have finished flowering and put them away under the balcony.
              Watered all the greenhouse plants.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• mowed the plot (well, as much as I could on two batteries of strimmer).

The small person has an area to dig in, he was digging in there today "can I plant some seeds daddy? In here, for myself" So I dropped everything and cleared the bed. "We can get some seeds and plant them after lunch" "I don't want to plant seeds daddy" aaaaaaargh!

In the afternoon, I planted dahlia seeds and nasturtiums.

Comment

• Sown pre chitted peas in to guttering, finished potting of lettuce, sown another pinch of spring onions.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Finished erecting the shed this morning, need to get some felt for the roof, got OH ferns out of hibernation from F in laws summer house and transported to our garden,sowed a lot of bamboo for the allotment and re-potted 10 tomato plants that were getting pot bound.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Sowed some sweet basil and lemonade basil, some oriental and spicy salad. Sat in GH witn a hot chocolate debating how i could weed with a leg brace on (i normally kneel ) .
                      Found small side table we have used ouside and sat on that weeding.
                      OH came with some claw hoe thing to help .
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Took the sack of shreddings up to the allotment and put it in the compost bin.

Dig more digging. Progress is slow, but steady.

Comment

• Dug over the polytunnel bed.
                          Set up the climbing frame ready for the tromboncino.
                          Filled up the two fish boxes I put in the little tunnel yesterday with manure & homemade compost.

Comment

• ^^^^what do you do with tromboncino . I know what they look like . But taste?cooking/eating?
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                              ^^^^what do you do with tromboncino . I know what they look like . But taste?cooking/eating?
                              You use them as courgettes. The taste is pretty similar.
                              Although they're actually a different species to normal courgettes. Courgettes are Cucurbita pepo, same as pumpkins and summer squash, whereas tromboncino are Cucurbita moschata, same as butternut squash (which you can sort of tell from the shape).

Comment

• Built a sectioned off box area, using spare laminate floor boards, to house comfrey for help feeding my chili plants. Sowed some wasabi rocket and watermelon radish, transplanted the first of my sugar snap peas; sat on a step and enjoyed a cup of tea in the sun.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X