Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked some elderflowers and made cordial, planted out some quinoa seedlings.

Winter cabbage to plant out tomorrow and I know I should have an outdoor cucumber to plantout if I can find it.

Comment

• Planted out my Romaneco broccoli and the last of my sprouts.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Cut all my comfrey, and used it as a mulch for my tomatoes and tomatillos.

Comment

• Last years runner bean plants are regrowing in another area here so I put up a teepee & added some new bean plants with them,then planted sweetcorn & squash around & topped off with a bit of BFB. Also planted out a few tomatoes & peppers. Watered all the pots.

Comment

• Took some cuttings from my trifoliate orange.
            It struck me today that I should try grafting material from my 14-year-old seed-grown stubbornly-unfruitful citrus onto a dwarfing rootstock in order to try and encourage fruit. Trifoliate orange is often used for this, as it creates a dwarfing plant and is also much hardier than any other citrus, and I just to happen to already have a trifoliate orange...

Comment

• Today I pulled out some old strawberry plants & added some old compost & planted three tomato plants black icicle,cour di bue & pantano against a trellis. Also planted a couple other tomato plants Taiko & M.U.S next to the dahlias (Black aphid already). There’s still quite a lot of plants to plant out. I need to bag up last years tomato plant compost & put it aside,then fill the pots with really old compost that’s round the side of the house,then plant more tomatoes & peppers. I planted an edelweiss into a slightly bigger pot,I wonder if it’ll flower this year.

Comment

• Went slug hunting at the allotment after the rain.

Pollinated my first squash flower. There was exactly one male flower open, and it had miraculously avoided having its pollen washed out in the rain.

Comment

• Planted my tomatoes (Green Zebra, Green Envy, Black Russian, Black Cherry, SugarGloss and SuperSweet100), cucumbers (Beth Alpha) and melons (Emir) into their final buckets in the greenhouse. Still to plant up the sweet peppers and aubergines, outdoor cucumber (Diva) and outdoor tomato (Roma) plus all my veg plants into my now completed veg cage. So much to do! Great isn't it!!
                  Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                  Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                  https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                  Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• My cucumber plants are looking a bit sad & droopy so I sowed about six more pots & potted on about eight broccoli seedlings. Planted up a pot of black cherry tomato with mini pepper & a pot of German lunchbox tomato with mini pepper,they’re on the patio.
                    Last edited by Jungle Jane; 11-06-2020, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Planted my last sweet potato plant in a big pot on my patio. Don't know if it's really warm and sunny enough, but it's better than sending it to the compost heap.
                      Also planted three of my spare pepper plants into big pots for the patio.

Planted out 6 kale plants at the allotment.

Comment

• Yesterday I planted out my runners and dwarf french beans and potted up my aubergines and peppers. Today I planted out my sweetcorn, lettuces, beetroots and spring onions. Really need to go out and get more compost.
                        Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                        Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                        https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                        Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Today I mowed the front lawn & weeded it then watered the pots in the back garden,all the plants in the ground I’ve recently planted & fruit trees. I planted two courgettes & one inca gold squash. Pulled out two wilted cucumbers they were only tiny so it’s not bad. Pulled out a few red onions that were really small & had a tuna & red onion sandwich it was really nice

Comment

• Picked some spuds - they should all be Sharpes Express, but some small waxy ones in there, which I assume are Charlottes, but I didn't dig any charlotte plants up... maybe outliers

picked some garlic - and found out the pencil-on-lolly-stick will not last a few seasons... I think they are Tuscan Red, but they might be saved, interlopers or something else.

picked the last of the broad beans - they have been a real success this year.

did some weeding and generally enjoyed being on the plot in the sunshine.

Comment

• Today I planted out one climbing courgette shooting star,one diva cucumber with petunia & two lettuce next to some tomatoes. I might check snails are leaving it all alone soon. Watered all the pots & new plantings. Tied in some tomatoes & pinched some sideshoots out. Six more cucumbers have germinated,they’re indoors at the mo,temperature looks good this week.

Comment

• Went slug hunting at the allotment again (had about an hour and a half of torrential rail early this afternoon; now it's sunny again).

Pollinated my second squash flower (I tied it and a male flower bud off yesterday, so that the rain wouldn't get it. They were nice and dry today when I untied them).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X