This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ductwork out the way I intended, but everyday is a school day
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Just saying good morning, hopefully I can get on later but hope you all have a lovely day. x
      Lovely tulips rary and well done on uploading the photos.
      sigpic

Comment

• Morning. I'm getting used to the look of this forum now and how things work. And I'm beginning to like it! A much cleaner, crisper look. Hopefully it will be up to speed soon, but I'm finding a lot of sites can be painfully slow at the moment. Even Tesc0 kept dropping on me yesterday, which was a pain as I'd just managed to get a delivery slot after 3 weeks of trying. Nice to see other people hanging in here too.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Time I joined this topic I think.
          with all the problems of getting on the site, I have depended on the nightly emails at two minutes past midnight to keep me up to date with this thread.
          I have so enjoyed reading all your lovely comments and feel that I have almost “got to know” the regular contributors.
          so .... time to join in rather than just be a lurker watching what you’re all up to.
          I spent yesterday moving old double glazing panels around the garden to try an
          protect s some of the taller plants from the vicious wind. Today I’m going to have to move them again to protect the courgettes from the cold (apparently it’s going down to one degree tonight).
          good to meet you all

Comment

• Lovely pictures, Rary. Nice to see you over here, Farendwoman. The more the merrier, say I. Containergardener, love reading your posts. Indeed, I always enjoy reading what people are up to. Mothhawk, I agree. I like the new look as well. Just a question of getting used to how it all works. Speed doesn't seem bad this morning.

And Nicos, I'm jealous you have so many eggs. We've been buying them for the last year or so, but three new chickens are due to arrive this afternoon. Not sure what they'll be called. All our earlier chickens have had names beginning with B. Suggest to Mr Snoop this morning that we could consider changing letter, but he's come up with more names beginning with B. So we'll be sticking with tradition.

Other than that, 62 mm/litres per square metre of rain yesterday. Another 30 or so due over the next few days. But today is a lull: bright blue and warm. My seedlings will be sucking the sunshine in, those that have survived the snail attacks, that is.

So, better get on with the show. Catch you all later. Have a lovely day meanwhile.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all!
              lovely piccies rary! My tulips were over weeks ago so it's really lovely to see yours. I struggle to grow them in open ground as the voles munch their way through the bulbs.
              - so it's pots for me too!

good to see you on here farendwoman-all lurkers are more than welcome

We have had an incredible amount of rain here too Snoop - and now it's blowing a hooley.

We're forecast frosts each night this week and a high today of 6C ....what a contrast to a couple of weeks ago!

We had planned on going out in the car together for a ride and a picnic today to celebrate our daughters burpday but it really isn't that sort of weather. Notice I said 'together' and ' for a ride' ...just for fun????? Well -it's our first day of lifting of some of the very strict lockdown measures which should prove interesting. All excited tbh ! Think we might just light the fire and hunker down again!!!!!
              I'm onto my second jigsaw of the decade! I started one with a friend who came to visit just before lockdown and finally finished that one on my own...this one is actually 4 and they are different seasons in one garden -all from the same position. I started on the winter one with snow cos my friend lives near the Artic circle and they had 8" snow on Saturday! She can't even think about gardening yet!!! Feels like we've gone back into winter again here so it was the appropriate one to start with!

MH....well done on the shopping slot -I do hope you added something 'norty' to your list? ...chocolate....etc ?....we all deserve a little extra something at the moment!

Hope to see you later too Jay !

right -late start for me - Stewed peaches from the freezer and homemade yog for breakfast for me

see ya later peeps!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Snoop - need a hand with any chook names?
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, 1.2 degrees inside the greenhouse last night, but everything looks ok when I took the fleece blankets off, just hope the weather speeds up faster than this site is doing lol.

Comment

• Good morning Blue sky above but a bit cold, the outside temperature over night was -2.9c and in the greenhouse +2c I think I will need to do a bit of watering today, I can't remember the last time that we had it dry as long as this, usually if lt lasts 3 days we are lucky, enjoy the day keep yourself busy and stay happy
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning after a frosty start the sun came out that didn't last long though. its now raining.

Welcome to chat farendwoman just pop in anytime you'll soon feel at home here..

Some lovely photos there Rary.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning everyone
                        Lovely tulips Rary.

Wasn't as cold as I expected last night, bird bath froze but gh was only down to 1degree.
                        Have not made any plans yet today, dogs walked and wow it was cold even thought we felt snow in he air, we rushed out as noticed a delivery coming today of mums new mower , got her a battery one as her electric one with cable is an absolute pain with all her rockeries.
                        Will try to put up some pics of evening walk last night from the forest behind us.
                        Have a good day .
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          The sun is shining but it's just 8 degs with a very cool breeze.
                          No plans for the day so it's a make it up as you go along.
                          Have a good one and stay safe,

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            Snoop - need a hand with any chook names?
                            All suggestions welcome. But they must start with B.

Suggest away, guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

All suggestions welcome. But they must start with B.

Suggest away, guys.
                              Boudicca
                              To see a world in a grain of sand
                              And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

• Afternoon all,most times i look in,it does not happen,just struck that bit luckier this time,well done those that have posted pics,and getting to grips with this new release,i got a lot to learn yet,
                                Bird names,Betty,Bianca,Belle,what you started eh hehehehehe
                                Have finished the brassica cage,and very happy with it Yesterday was very cold,and a bit chilly today so far,although sun is trying,i upset the hoover earlier on,it came out of retirement,along with the long quick duster thing,ironing is still in ignorance,life has been a bit quieter for now,i live in hope and hold my breath,hum hum hum,have a good day all and be good,
                                Last edited by lottie dolly; 11-05-2020, 11:56 AM.
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X