Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 20/20 Vision for 2020 aka another nutty plan!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 20/20 Vision for 2020 aka another nutty plan!

You may remember some of my "Plans" like the 30 Bed Plan, the "Roots Shoots, Fruits and Leaves" rotation sowing Plan and "Sowing an Alphabet of Flowers". Also my dilemmas about how to record all this in a Diary when the months have varying numbers of days therein.

Finally, I think I've cracked it.
    Are you sitting comfortably?

There are 13 x 4 week cycles in the year (52 weeks and a day or 2 days to spare in a leap year).
    Every week begins on a Monday in most diaries.
    My 4 week sowing cycle is Roots, Shoots, Fruits and Leaves.

This means that on 13 Mondays I will sow Roots, etc.

I'm reducing my 30 Beds to 28 so I can work on each one every 28 days (the calendar month and date doesn't matter this way).

The Alphabet has only 26 letters and I will divide them in to 4 weeks
    Wk 1 = A-G
    Wk 2 = H-N
    Wk 3 = O-U
    Wk 4 = V-Z

I have a task for each day of the week -
    Monday = Sow seeds
    Tuesday = Clean Chooks and Fruit care
    Wednesday = Weeding
    Thursday = Herbs Day & Thinning and Transplanting
    Friday is for Flowers & Feeding
    Saturday is Catch-up
    Sunday is Sorting seeds for Monday.

How many of you are asleep?

Whether you are or not, I'm hoping that this will simplify it for me (not you lot, obviously, because nobody understands me!!).

I'm going to sort some Flower seeds into 52 packets, one to be sown each week with names that start with the appropriate letters. For example, Week I will contain seeds with names A - G that can be sown in January on Thursday.

Its a sort of Perpetual Calendar that will tell me what to do each day of the year from now until I'm kicking up the daisies.

Simple, is it not?

VC so long as you understand the plan all I have to do is look at your finished photos
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Also when you get your pension, that gets paid 13 times a year so would always be on the same day in the same week of your cycle.

Comment

It used to annoy me no end, when working and paid monthly, that I was paid the same amount for January as for February when there were a couple less days. Weekly seems so much fairer.

Comment

VC I love your logic and planning, look forward to following your diary ��

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            It used to annoy me no end, when working and paid monthly, that I was paid the same amount for January as for February when there were a couple less days. Weekly seems so much fairer.
            What, you think you would like to have been paid less in February?

Comment

I was a bargain, whatever they paid me.

Comment

I'm exhausted from just reading that. What a busy year you'll have.

Comment

Its exhausting reading, lolie, I agree, especially if you haven't seen my "vision" evolving over the years.
                  I'm hoping that this plan will pull a lot of strings together and tie them into a bow that doesn't unravel after a couple of weeks. We'll see! There's always 20/21.

Comment

Tomatoes
                    Chillies
                    Cucumbers
                    Sweetcorn
                    Butternut squash
                    Lettuce leaves
                    Radish
                    Carrot
                    Parsnip
                    Onion
                    Leek
                    Celery
                    Peas
                    Beans
                    Looks like I'm only growing 14 things from seed, lots of varieties of tommies, chillies and carrots and beans, but no way enough to follow any sort of plan and a lot need planting at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
                      Tomatoes
                      Chillies
                      Cucumbers
                      Sweetcorn
                      Butternut squash
                      Lettuce leaves
                      Radish
                      Carrot
                      Parsnip
                      Onion
                      Leek
                      Celery
                      Peas
                      Beans
                      Looks like I'm only growing 14 things from seed, lots of varieties of tommies, chillies and carrots and beans, but no way enough to follow any sort of plan and a lot need planting at the same time.
                      If you shuffle them around into Roots, Shoots, Fruits and leaves - you won't be sowing everything at the same time. When your first sowing thrive or fail you sow them again 4 weeks later to keep up the continuity.

PS I don't expect anyone else to follow my plan - just as I don't follow anyone else's!
                      Last edited by veggiechicken; 22-11-2019, 03:36 PM.

Comment

LD stands scratching her head,not ready for next year yet,only seeds on order and some plans.
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

If I've got it right, you're moving away from a one-year or a four-seasons or a 12-months approach and going for a weekly approach instead. And why not?

Comment

Its a 4 week cycle, calendar dates don't matter, just the day of the week.
                            Every one of the 28 days has a task to do - that's the theory anyway, with the weekend being catch-up days.

Some of it I've being doing for a couple of years, off and on, but because I had several systems running alongside each other (like the alphabetical beds that matched the days of the month) and the Roots, Shoots etc that were 4 weekly I was confusing myself, never mind you all

It keeps my mind active on a dark night!!

Comment

I love this idea VC! I just wish I wasn't working full time so I could have the time to do the same But in some way I do the same thing - just compacted into the weekend days set aside for all of the practical, outdoorsy stuff. Sorting seeds and stuff like that tend to be restricted to weekday evenings after work

I will, as always, follow your scheme with great interest, and feel a sudden urge to revisit roots, shoots, fruits and leaves
                              https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X