Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do avoid sugar as much as possible but only have a little honey on porridge every morning and on toast some days. There are natural foods that are good for you with sugar like fruits that I will still eat. I did try date syrup as an alternative to honey but that is hard to get ion most shops. I also avoid salt as much as possible.
    Last edited by Marb67; 02-04-2019, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Hi Marb, in fact statins are associated with a reduced risk of liver cancer, though they are associated with an increased risk of some other types of cancer.

Red rice works because it has the same active ingredient as some statins, meaning the long-term risks and side effects of red rice at the same active ingredient dose are the same. The main difference is that in statins the amount of active ingredient is probably more carefully controlled than in supplements, so you know what you're getting with a statin.

I note that you're only taking half the recommended red rice dosage. If you want the same effect, you have to take the same amount of active ingredient. So, you need to increase the red rice dose to match your statin. You could simply take the recommended dose on your red rice bottle and see what happens. If you're still unhappy with the result, you could try upping and downing the dose till you come to a result you're happy with. Either that or you could go back to taking your statin.

You need to talk about this with your GP. Me, I'd be more afraid of a known personal risk of stroke than of some unknown statistically possible but unlikely statin-related cancer at some point down the line.

Comment

Yes, got an appointment Thursday (would have liked today really) and even then I had to go first thing early morning to get it. Gone are the days when you could go to a doctor's surgery and book in at the reception on spec.

Comment

Hi Marb, I think you have had some very interesting advice re statins, but unfortunately we are going to need to close the thread as we do have a 'no medical advice' policy...we are a gardening forum after all!

Anyone wanting to share more info with Marb is of course free to pm him.
          Hope things get sorted for you quickiy!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X