The Great Northern Cook Off

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Northern Cook Off

Just wanted to let you know that my OH is in the finals on Thursday...and I'm really proud of him!!!
    Will someone please tell him not to feed me any more duck breast for at least a year!!!!!?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Give him our best wishes .......... hope he does well!
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

wow whats his menu, good luck to him.
      Yo an' Bob
      Walk lightly on the earth
      take only what you need
      give all you can
      and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Originally posted by yoanbob View Post
        wow whats his menu, good luck to him.
        Not quite sure yet...
        They have been given a scallop dish to create for starters; a dish for 2 for under £2.50 per head and then a bag of mystery ingredients for the pud.
        Four of them on the team competing against two other teams in a 2 hour cooking session.
        Will keep the main menu under wraps for now incase there are any spies about!!!!

I think I'm more stressed than he is!

Comment

Hope it all goes well tomorrow Mr Nicos. Happy cooking!

(I suspect Madmax would gratefully receive any duck breast that is not wanted by you Nicos)
          Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 12-09-2007, 08:11 AM.
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

Good luck to Mr N!

Comment

Fame at last! I hope all goes well for him. Even if he doesn't win, he's done brilliantly to get this far. Well done that man!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Wow, well done. Hope it goes well for him, but as Flum said he's done brilliantly anyway! Good luck!!!
                Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Good luck to Mr Nicos. He's done brilliantly to get that far. Any unwanted duck can come this way - my favourite. I'd never tire of it. Lucky you.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

The very best of luck.Stay calm and believe in yourself.Oh! and remember"the vine is with you!!"

Comment

Thanks to you all!!
                      Will pass on your best wishes
                      I've just spent 6 hrs driving round to various supermarkets getting the ingredients for the main course....lamb kebabs ( on rosemary stalks instead of sticks) ;minted creamed peas; gratin dauphinoise and baby tomatoes on the vine. All for less than £5 for 2 people!!The main problem was finding either loose products or small packets....must be really hard for people without families- MUCH more expensive for smaller packets.
                      Frustrating thing is that other than the lamb we have everything else on the lottie which we know would taste much better, but receipts are required for everything

Will let you know how he gets on!

Comment

Are you not allowed to buy bigger packets and split it up, then work out the cost on the actual weight of the fraction you took? I'd have thought that would be a more realistic way of working out meal costs?
                        That's such a shame you can't take things from the lottie... I bet the fat grocer chap would love it!

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Good luck to 'Mr. Nicos' for today! Hope everything goes well for him, hope you get a mention for all the shopping Nicos!
                          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Just to let you know his team came joint 2nd , one point behind the winners!!!!
                            Am really proud of him.
                            Well done that lad!
                            Last edited by Nicos; 14-09-2007, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Congratulations!!! Did you get to enjoy the results or were they demolished by judges and fellow competitors?
                              Happy Gardening,
                              Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X