miserable and abrupt so and so

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miserable and abrupt so and so

On the allotment last Saturday and saw the neigbouring plot holder appear to be moving out.
    I'd heard on the grape vine that he's not been well, and i've never seen him in the 12 months we've been down there, so attempted to make polite conversation.
    Greeted with a chirpy good morning, asked if he was moving out, and if anyone had taken the plot.

Oh, and can I steal the cold frame if your'e not using it.

You ought to have heard his friend set off.
    Mentioned that someone had already bagged it, then went on to say, whoever moves in can pay him for the *&^%$%^ fence, and that fences dont come £$"^%$^* cheap you know.

Nice conversation to have with someone you've never met before.
    Last edited by keat63; 26-03-2019, 12:00 PM.

Reply to Miserable so & so

There you go! I myself have had the same sort of thing when I had the plot and I put it down to a lack of respect. You say it was the plot holders friend well just be grateful you do not have friends like that. It would appear that the so called friend was/is very money orientated SAD, me may not have a lot of money but I am alive and well with a great family so I count myself as the richest bloke on the planet.
    Regards
    Dai H

Comment

Keat, maybe this should go on the minor rant thread to keep all the irritants of this life in one place rather than spreading tentacles throughout the forum.
      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 26-03-2019, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Dai, you can reply to posts on the same thread. If you look below the original post, you'll see a box marked Reply to thread. Use that instead of starting another thread. Otherwise it'll be difficult for the mods to keep track of everything.

Comment

Threads merged!

Comment

Originally posted by keat63 View Post
            On the allotment last Saturday and saw the neigbouring plot holder appear to be moving out.
            I'd heard on the grape vine that he's not been well, and i've never seen him in the 12 months we've been down there, so attempted to make polite conversation.
            Greeted with a chirpy good morning, asked if he was moving out, and if anyone had taken the plot.

Oh, and can I steal the cold frame if your'e not using it.

You ought to have heard his friend set off.
            Mentioned that someone had already bagged it, then went on to say, whoever moves in can pay him for the *&^%$%^ fence, and that fences dont come £$"^%$^* cheap you know.

Nice conversation to have with someone you've never met before.
            Maybe you should have asked if you could "buy" the coldframe instead of "stealing it!

Comment

If he's giving up his plot under some form of compulsion (be it ill-health, failure to keep up in accordance with the committee's views, spousal pressure etc), then he's probably not the happiest chap in the world. Coming to pick up the bones of his failed plot before he's even left may look somewhat vulture like?

Comment

miserable and abrupt so and so.....
                Did someone call?
                Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

I think I may used words along the lines of 'I'll put the cold frame to good use if don't want it'
                  The chap who I assumed was the tennant was OK about it. (the one who looked frail)
                  It was his friend helping him move out I thought was rather abrupt.

To the point where my dad took me to one side and quietly said, 'If he starts demanding money for the fence, tell him to pull it out'
                  Also his effing and jeffing was far from polite.

Comment

Following on from this.

I nipped out of work at lunch time today to enjoy the sunshine.
                    Walking past an allotment site close to where I work (26 miles from my own allotment), and decided to poke my head in, see what others were up to, how far they'd gotten etc, and had a lovelly conversation with a couple I've never met before.

Comment

In a way understandable. Does read a little like people cannot wait for him to go (get off) so they can get hold of whatever stuff he had.

Anyone bother to ask how he was, what the problem was and enquire if that was the reason he appeared to be having to give up the allotment, and that it was a shame to have come to such a stage.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X