No announcement yet.

What is your name for your Mother and your Father

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am Hairy Grandad to my grand kids and OH is Grandma woof woof.(We have two dogs)
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

My Grandparents were Nana and Grampy - don't remember the other GPs

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        I am Hairy Grandad to my grand kids and OH is Grandma woof woof.(We have two dogs)
        Haha...when we were kids we used to call our Nans...Nanna Trudy, and Nanna Bill - their dog names

Comment

Mine are Mum and Dad, OH’s parents are Mum and Dad too.

Comment

Called my parents mam and dad.
            As they are both deseased now I always refer to them as my mother and father.
            My children call us mam and dad,
            Our grandkids call us nana and grandad,

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Mum and Dad my parents, we're Mum and Dad to two of ours, Mother and Pop to one. My grandchildren call theirs Momma and Poppa (though they used to call their Dad by his first name for fun) and we are Nanny, because my first grandchild couldn't say Granny, and Granddad.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I called mine Mum and Dad and I also called my friends parents Mum & Dad, then we had real Aunts and Uncles then there were good friends or neighbours that also got the honorary titles.

My kids call me Dad and the wife Mum but we also get referred too as
                Popa, Pa, Anal (as its made up from the letters for Alan if the young one has a beef with me) & Marge for the wife which appears to be a term of endearment given by my youngest and I guess that makes me Homer although never been called it.

Next generation are calling us Gan-dad & NanNan at the moment due to his age and speech development.
                Last edited by Cadalot; 07-01-2019, 07:26 AM.
                sigpic
                . .......Man Vs Slug
                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Mum and Dad.

And I called both sets of grandparents granny and granddad.

Comment

Mum and Dad for my parents, same for our kids
                    Grandchildren call me Nan now they’re older (was Nanny) and Granddad for hubby
                    When I was small my Grandparents were Nanny -insert surname
                    Nannys make memories

Comment

I called my parents Mum and Dad i had a Gran and grandma and two grandads I think they I just called them both grandad, our daughter calls us Mom and Dad.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Mum and Dad (sometimes mother and father, depending. It seems a bit silly to talk about "dad's illness" somehow).

My lad calls us mummy and daddy (and sometimes uses "mum" that gets a telling-off from mummy). His grandparents are grandma & granddad and poppa & grandma (wife's sister had kids before us and they called them poppa and grandma, so we stick with it).

My parents are also known as "granddad with the train" as they have a small garden railway which the offspring loves...

Comment

My grandparents (both sets) were nana and grandpa, as am I and my ex to our grandchildren, although the 2 oldest now shorten mine to Nan. My daughter prefers Grandma for hers.

My parents were mummy and daddy. Telling off if we shortened them, however, mam was acceptable and was how my mam always signed her letters and cards to us.
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

VC what was the discussion and who has won as a result of the grapes poll ?
                            sigpic
                            . .......Man Vs Slug
                            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                            Nutters Club Member

Comment

Mum and Dad
                              The Parentals
                              Mum and Da

For my kids.... the 8yo calls us (his adoptive parents) Mummy and Daddy and remembers his birth mum and his foster mum by name.

The 5yo calls us Mummy and Daddy and Big Fat Old Lady, Big Fat Mummy Pig, Farty Farty Pant-Pants and Flip'eck. The latter names are retaliated with tickles, which would explain a lot. His foster mum is Mama [Name], although he used to call her Mam, and he hasn't got an awareness of his birth mum yet.

Round here there's a mix of Mam and Mum.

Well, you asked.

Comment

All generations - Pain in the Hasp
                                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X