Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this and what will I do with it ;)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom left (21) - seeds like inside out umbrellas - are Armeria "Joystick".

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      Bottom left (21) - seeds like inside out umbrellas - are Armeria "Joystick".
      Oops! I'm totally wrong then I've certainly never grown thrift, it doesn't like my clay soil.

Used to be on the back of threepenny bits, didn't it?

Are you going to tell us what all the other seeds are, I'm all guessed out for tonight.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

I'm all typed out too!!
        They're 24 different flowers with names, mostly Latin, beginning with A, in alphabetical order.
        1 is Abutilon Indicans and 24 is Astilbe Grandis.

They're all very old seeds and I'm not hopeful. However, this viability test should be over in a week or so and I haven't used any compost to do it. Any seeds that do nothing will be scattered - I never give up on old seeds.

I'm about to start a second box with C flowers - maybe tonight. Won't make you guess any more!!

Comment

Pot 3 has germinated
          Achillea Filipendula "Cloth of Gold" - sow by 2007.

Never give up on old seeds!

Comment

No 7 has germinated

Ageratum "Blue Mink - part used packet from 2010. Don't know when I opened it but it wasn't this year.

Comment

2019 - more seeds to sow!

I'm bumping this thread for 2 reasons:-

1. I'm going to viability test a number of seeds - all the same species but different varieties

2. If you're given any Ferrero Rocher chocolates in their overly packaged box, make sure you keep it as it has lots of uses.

Comment

You could always post a box to me, full and unopened of course
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

You'd like a box of seeds, rary?
                  I have seeds

but I don't have any of those chocs, sorry.
                  I don't really like them but I do like the boxes so I give them to Mum as a present, wait until she's eaten them, then offer to recycle the boxes.

Comment

I had so many types of this seed family that I had to start a 2nd chocolate box - so that 5 seeds of 48 different ????.................???? seeds "sown" on damp kitchen roll.
                    If they all germinate , I'll have to find space for nearly 200 plants.

Can you guess what they are?

Comment

I think it might be tomato seeds because that’s a good amount of tomato plants to grow I can’t think of many seeds with that many varieties?

Comment

Sound reasoning there, JJ but................

Comment

Just to complicate things further, I bet you are using their Latin names?
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

For once, NO, I'm using their "street" names but, they're all part of the same Latin name classification........and, there were some more that I didn't sow.

Comment

Are they flowers VC ?

Comment

............with the caveat that every plant flowers at some time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X