It's a long shot

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rary View Post
    I wish you well SP and hope you are successful, by the way in you requirements list did you put in a room for gardening buddies
    That will come later rary........when we put the garden sheds up

Comment

Did you add in the craft shop?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Did you add in the craft shop?
        Don't want to scare the planners ! Baby steps, will bring it up in conversation at a later date.

much later

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
          I wish you well SP and hope you are successful, by the way in you requirements list did you put in a room for gardening buddies
          Congratulation SP, fingers and everything else crossed for you! As rary says you need that extra room for when we do our yearly bus run round to you!
          sigpic

Comment

Congrats SP..

I know the feeling re looking at the plans on paper..
            Remember that I spent ages most days looking at them..
            Even now with the house built and living here for many years, I sometimes still come across the email with the plans and open it and look and smile..
            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
            sigpic

Comment

I've taken a photo of the planners so I don't get marks or creases on the paper.
              And so the dogs don't destroy it if they start doing wall of death around the sofas when I'm looking at it .
              So I spend ages sitting staring at a photo on my iPad. And jumping the gun massively by working out colour schemes, where all the furniture is going and trying to work out where we are going to need all the plug sockets!?.......... Serious brain ache .
              It could all be for nothing as it's only 50/50 chance. The planners could very easily say no.

Comment

SP its a chance of a lifetime if it works out xx
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hope it goes through SP.
                  Can't blame you for 'living' in that zone
                  That way you will have time to think up any changes you'd want to make yourself ( positioning sockets etc are really important!!)

Can't help but feel some form of application will go through.
                  Still got everything crossed for you x
                  How long before you expect them to come back to you???
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

You can never have too many sockets . They are so easy to put in during the build, over provision is not a bad thing. At least one double on each wall. Single sockets are a waste. Costs same to wire them up, so a few pence for a double is worth it.

And those with USB ports are ideal under a window (or have a built in shelf / cubby hole)
                    Dab Radio, phone, tablet, headphones, charging torch, etc, etc. Check they have the oomph to charge 2 devices at once.

During the renovation down here, had to channel the walls and was a pain. Now find that a few sockets missing

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      How long before you expect them to come back to you???
                      Between 2 to 6 weeks (probably nearer 6 given the time of year).
                      Depending what they say we either start fighting if they say no, or we may have to change things before they say yes or by some miracle they say yes!!! ( if that happens there will be some running around jumping up and down, a bottle fizzy stuff and quite possible some tears ). Then we put in for real planning and start the whole thing again. I think that's how it works anyway!

Comment

Got my fingers and everything else that is crossable crossed for you, SP.

Comment

Do all the neighbours know?
                          They may be asked whether they have any objections to your plans. If you can persuade them to write a letter of support, using all the positives that the council may be looking for to allow development - words like in scale and character with local dwellings, encourage small business, whatever you can think of. Emphasise the positives, ignore any negatives.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            Do all the neighbours know?
                            They may be asked whether they have any objections to your plans. If you can persuade them to write a letter of support, using all the positives that the council may be looking for to allow development - words like in scale and character with local dwellings, encourage small business, whatever you can think of. Emphasise the positives, ignore any negatives.
                            All neighbors have been asked before we even got the architect involved. All of them think it's a good idea and have volunteered to write letters as and when needed . We even have a local council member on our side . Who is very forward! She's already spoken to the planners on our behalf . It was good feedback but then the planners could of been saying anything just to get council member off the phone . She also said any trouble at all phone her straight away.

Still not getting my hopes up!..............trying not to get my hopes up!

Comment

Fingers crossed for you SP, it sounds so exciting!!
                              https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Any news? Can I uncross anything yet? Starting to get pins and needles.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X