X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations. Can’t wait to hear about the journey as it develops

Comment

• VC You’re a bad influence
      Last edited by Small pumpkin; 10-07-2019, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
        Cheers everyone

[ATTACH=CONFIG]87905[/ATTACH]
        I think my glass was a bit large

Comment

• I had better start saving for that plum tree!....really pleased for you both

Comment

• WOW! I remember that feeling when our LP agreed mine. Champagne all round.

So so happy for you.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Really please and happy for you ..

Comment

• Congratulations SP, I'm really pleased for you both
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Congratulations!

Comment

• Phew, can uncross everything now! Great news, SP. Congratulations.

Comment

• I don't know how it works up there, but i work in the building industry and my parents had an extension done and it was a huge stress. The thing that saved it was a good surveyor.

I know budgets are tight, but someone who can speak builder and call them to account on works makes a big difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by bikermike View Post
                        I know budgets are tight, but someone who can speak builder and call them to account on works makes a big difference.
                        Budget is so tight you wouldn’t believe me. The only people being called into account is us. We’re building it ourselves . The only thing professionals are doing is the foundations and electrics ( electrics only because they have to as they need signing off ).

Comment

• Good luck!
                          Don't skimp on the insurance - lots of horror stories on that front.

Comment

• It’s finally happening we’re actually going to get to a home building show
                            3rd time lucky
                            See you all tomorrow

Comment

• Enjoy your day SP
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• A quick update for anyone still interested. Parts of this may turn into a rant!
                                Well I’ve see glaciers move faster than this house building lark! I’m getting very close to banging heads together! Solicitors, slow ,wet, unhelpful blood suckers! We’re still jumping through hoops to purchase the land.
                                We need a water survey done before we can get the building warrant. The survey was done over 8 weeks ago. The useless ****, ****, ****, still hasn’t written the report needed for use to progress any further .
                                On other things we’re doing quite well. Luckily Bob knows 2 other people that have in recent years finished building or renovation and they’ve given use loads of spare stuff. We are accumulating lots of things towards the actual build. damp proofing, paint, plug sockets, light switch, other electrical stuff, door handle, lots of plumbing connector, taps ( not sure how you can over order on taps ), an electric shower, all sorts of stuff.
                                From other sources we’ve got our kitchen sink £20 much better than the 3 figures it would be new ( 1 isn’t the first number in those 3 digits!, I don’t understand why sinks are so stupidly expensive). We’ve got our living room light , very different. It’s a milk parlour jar ( ask VC, she knows all about them ). Also got 2 lovely antique style ( don’t know if they’re actually antique) padded dining chairs. One for the spare room, one in which ever room needs an extra seat.

Even though there’s some incredibly annoying aspects, I’m still mostly very excited and still can’t quite believe it’s happening.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X