No announcement yet.

The Beechgrove Garden

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a sudden urge to start watching beechgrove . Does anyone know when the new series starts?

Comment

I think they said there's 1 more episode left this year and then it's off air til spring. Someone usually posts a reminder when it's starting again

Comment

Theyre all on yootoob sp

Comment

Beechgrove is better than Gardeners World but they are both still too "Arty Farty" for me.
          Time we had a dedicated Allotment program.
          Jimmy
          Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

That would be too boring for most viewers, each year would be exactly the same.. it's time to plant your carrots, like this, cover them like this blah blah.
            I liked the programme where they looked at allotments/veg growing in other countries - can't remember what it was called, though. *blush*

There are some very good blogs around and some of the youtube ones are worth viewing regularly. Better and more relevant, than the TV programmers' offerings would be anyway

Comment

Bring back The Big Dig
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

The fast forward button on the remote is employed for both
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I am watching a lot less of Monty, the program is barely relevant anymore, how I miss Geoff Hamiltons version of the program, too much "show garden" stuff more like a Chelsea soap than a gardening program these days.

Comment

I've set skip to 1min forward and 15 seconds back. works a treat for the "filler" bits.

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
                      I am watching a lot less of Monty, the program is barely relevant anymore, how I miss Geoff Hamiltons version of the program, too much "show garden" stuff more like a Chelsea soap than a gardening program these days.
                      How much input regards the articles on the show do you think the presenters have, I wonder if its more influenced by the producer than the presenters, though Monty Don did insist on from filming of GW from his own garden, when they asked him to come back
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Geoff Hamilton did the same didn't he, I guess it's because I'm more interested in fruit and veg and have little interest in shrubs, grass and fleurs that I am easily distracted away from GW.

Comment

I think Monty's garden is more classical and doesn't bare much resemblance to an, shall we say average garden? It's like the sort you go to for a day out. I'm not saying it's not lovely in places, but what he is doing just doesn't help me much with my garden or allotment.

Geoff H and Alan T had their huge gardens divided up into smaller areas/gardens that we could all relate to, even copy, if we liked the look of them

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X