No announcement yet.

Mashed potato - what do u add 2 urs?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one of the easiest things to do is DONT PEEL THE TATTIE we never peel them roast,mash etc the goodness is in the skin and the taste....
    Last edited by nosferato; 14-08-2007, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Glad to see this thread back!

I made mash at the weekend with roasted garlic, then added left over cheese sauce and a decent handful of sp onions.

Comment

I'm mashing tonight and can't decide now which of the yummy suggestions here to try!! ...
        Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

With Parsley available readily from my herb garden at the moment, I'm adding finely chopped parsley everytime I make mashed potatoes. I once added sweet potatoes (mashed up) to the usual mashed pototoes, it was lovely.

I guess you can make richer version with the addition of cream and cheese (as has been suggested by others) and how about garlic (roasted and mashed up). I heard there is a Greek style mashed potatoes which I think has olive oil, pounded garlic and lemon juice.
          Food for Free

Comment

Moan - my mouth is watering - I've had to cut right back on all milk products, and I love strong cheddar, butter.... You jammy so-and-sos!
            Mind you, for others with the same problem, some good-quality dripping is nice with either mash or bakers. You can buy it at the butcher's if you don't drip your own. Look for a pot with lots of brown juice at the bottom. And I agree with Nosferatu - leave the skins ON when cooking mash. You peelers don't know what you're missing.
            My late stepdad used to make lovely bubble and squeak - he added in the leftover stuffing. Delicious. He made a gorgeous Cheese and Potato Pie, too - sigh...

Comment

If we have left over mash, and I am doing a casserole, I will recook it this way:

In a seperate casserole dish, mix the mash, extra milk and butter, diced onion (no need to pre fry), some frozen peas, pepper, parsley, and some grated mature cheddar. Sometimes this is topped with a layer of breadcrumbs or cheese (depending on mood and what's in the house).

Whack it in the oven with the casserole and it is just yum. If I have space in the freezer, I'll often throw leftover mash in and use it up this way later.

Comment

for extra protein, add some mashed up beans (pinto, haricot, borlotti, whatever)
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I enjoy whatever is in season at the time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X