Raisins

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raisins

Have you ever tried to make raisins on your own? I'm thinking about giving it a whirl this summer. I'm sure there is a process or recipe you have to follow for them to turn out tasty.

If you have a fruit-dryer (eg the solar one shown on another part of the site) I would think you simply spread out the grapes on a suitable rack and let them get on with it.
    Might try this when next in Spain (which will be autumn, so should be a good time to get cheap grapes) if I can get the dryer built quickly.
    I would suspect that the variety of grape makes the biggest difference to taste, as long as they are dried gently but reasonably quickly.
    This advice is simply the application of common sense and general principles, because grapes are rarely cheap enough anywhere I am to do any experimenting.
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Muscat grape for raisins.
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X