Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
    And this pizza is truly yum
    I may yet get Daisy to eat cauliflower...she loves pizza, hates cauliflower. We were joking the other night that I'd eventually find a way to cook it that she likes...shan't tell her 'til she's eaten it!

I really suffer if I have too many carbs, they really bloat me out and make me feel lethargic. Shall be trying out your recipes. x
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I've mentioned before, Eggs Florentine, the Atkins way. Mr.G makes a huuuuge dish of the stuff, and we have it as a side dish, usually. I have had it as a meal by itself, or leftovers for brekkie!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Di - if you feel bloated and lethargic from carbs then it's almost a given that you are intolerant (or borderline) and that they are best given a wide wide berth.

But - as I said above, carbs from wheat are very different from carbs from peas. Do you get bloated or lethargic if you eat peas? (don't tell me, you don't like them!)
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

I like them straight from the freezer, like sweeties

I don't think it's gluten as I had the tests...and made sure I ate loads for the days leading up to the blood test.

To be honest, I've naturally stayed away from carbs, or at least limitted them, for a long time. If I do a roast, my plate will just be the meat and veg (Please bad minds!!!!), unless I've done the golden, crispy, yet fluffy inside potatoes, then I have to have one. Batters I learnt long ago, make me feel far worse than the little satisfaction I get from eating them.....so long as you don't take away my mayo, a roast is just fine carb free. x

Comment

I understand, I'm not gluten-intolerant either - well, not in the accepted term. But I can tell you that I feel like crappola when I eat wheat and don't when I don't - go figure (American accent required).

So wheat was booted out.
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

I'll definately be trying out some of your recipes, partly for my gut and partly to win the cauliflower war with Daisy. I love those wars...they both hate tinned peaches and blueberries...my sis had several unwanted tins of peaches that she gave me...whizzed them up with blueberries and milk....turned the lights down low and both kiddies loved them. If looks could kill though, when I told them the ingredients....you'd all be having far quieter nights.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                Baked beans are high, geen beans are good to go
                I meant kidney (dried, or shelly) beans. I couldn't be without them

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                Mainly for the protein element.
                for that reason, and they're cheap and filling

Originally posted by di View Post
                to win the cauliflower war with Daisy.
                How is she with romanesco? brocolli?

(I hate the smell of cooking cauli, so I'm with her on that. Smells like farts)
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

She used to love brocolli, then went off it but will now nibble at it.

Cauliflower and Romanesco, she's always turned her nose up to.

I don't stress too much, there's not a lot I don't like but if someone forced me to eat a boiled parsnip, I'd not be happy. They both eat fairly healthily, it's just our little game of the moment.

Comment

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but you can make a great tabouleh from grated raw cauliflower instead of the couscous or bulgar (sp?) wheat. Masses of herbs, chopped spring onion, cuke, tom, roasted peppers..... yum.

Comment

Ok - change of breakfast today - scrabbled cheesy egg with veggie sausages. Nom.

Comment

Have any of you looked into food combining? The principal is that you don't eat protein and carbs at the same meal.

Comment

Originally posted by di View Post
                          Have any of you looked into food combining? The principal is that you don't eat protein and carbs at the same meal.
                          Yes and I don't combine - well, to be fair, it's easy for me because I don't eat hardly any carbs.

The science behind it is interesting and the more I learn about insulin, glucose etc etc the more I wonder how the heck we have been sold the (not what you are asking I know) 'low-fat' lie by so many for so long!!

A pal said to me the other day 'what's this faddy diet you are on?' - say what?? Faddy diet? What, you mean eating as we evolved to eat rather than eating processed crappola? Oh yes, that faddy diet!

Bit odd how we have such mass obesity now isn't it - yet the diet industry still troll out their 'low-fat is the only way' buuuhumock! If fat is removed it has to be replaced with something and that something is sugar ....another go figure moment.

aka
                          Suzie

Comment

Last night's supper was buttered celeriac mash and lamb shank - couldn't eat it all so today's breakfast was....

bubble and squeak from lamb shank and celeriac mash, added mixed herbs, topped with two fried (in duck fat) eggs.
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

The low fat and the low sugar...let's eat lots of chemicals instead!

The only low fat I buy is mayonnaise, simply because I don't like how creamy the full fat one is.

I also don't eat 'lunch at lunchtime'. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm not.

I think, getting back to the carb point, it's not just the low fat myth, but we've also been conditioned to believe that a meal consists of meat, two veg and a portion of carbs.

Comment

Quite so Di and the food pyramid should be turned upside down
                                aka
                                Suzie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X