• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
    Are you OK Becki.
    Someone may need to check my stitches

Comment

I've got a seriously big chinese style chopper and various other knives but my small chopper is my fave for onions and such like...
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
        I've got a seriously big chinese style chopper and various other knives but my small chopper is my fave for onions and such like...
        See I'm like that with my 10 incher. I'm as happy julienn-ing carrots with it as I am cutting a squash in half.
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Dont make me moderate you big fella!

7 inch Sebatier here
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Medium sized pink one here - big enough to fit in my hand nicely. Anything bigger would be a waste - I even have a photo [and that's actually pink, not red]
            Attached Files
            Last edited by zazen999; 18-01-2010, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
              Medium sized pink one here - big enough to fit in my hand nicely. Anything bigger would be a waste - I even have a photo [and that's actually pink, not red]
              I just saw those knives in the local kitchenware shop while I was looking for something else. Are they as good as the hype on the box suggests?
              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Sorry, laughing so much I forgot what I was going to say. My mind is on other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                  I just saw those knives in the local kitchenware shop while I was looking for something else. Are they as good as the hype on the box suggests?
                  Well, I've used my pink one every day several times a day since I got it and it's still going strong. I love it!

Mine are only used on veg - so can't speak for using them for meat.....

Comment

Which bit do we measure?
                    Happy Gardening,
                    Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                      Which bit do we measure?
                      Sharp pointy bit?
                      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I like a little one, about 3 inches long - has to be razor sharp though.
                        For chopping tough or large veg, it has to be the cleaver, and for cutting meat: scissors
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Personally I think the handle, the bit you hold, is the most important bit. If the meat is lean the blade however sharp or long should slice through easily

Comment

...and the tang should extend the full length of the handle. Its the mark of a really good one.

Comment

I'm more inclined to use a chopper.....16cm Global Meat Cleaver, I've a full set of there knifes, it took me a long time to save up for them but there worth every penny.

Comment

I would love a 10" chopper but I'm quite happy with the razor sharp curved jobbie I've got!
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X