No announcement yet.

Bread machines

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooray!!!!!! Just made a brill pizza using the bread maker for the dough base.

I used
    400g strong flour a mix of white and wholemeal as i ran out of white
    230ml water
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 sachet easy blend yeast
    2 generous tablespoons olive oil

I put into breadmaker in order recommended by machine and placed on basic dough. Result, a lovely base. I shall continue with my quest for the perfect loaf.
    Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

I would like to buy a breadmaker. Any recommendations please? I hear the Panasonic (about £90ish) is quite good?
      Jools

Comment

Yes, that was the Which? Best Buy last time they did a test.
        Only disadvantage IMO is that there's no window, so you can't see the dough ball paffing about
        Last edited by supersprout; 24-01-2007, 04:42 PM.
        SSx
        not every situation requires a big onion

Comment

I have a fairly standard Morphy Richards with Extrabake facility which does me well enough.
          Bright Blessings
          Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

I have the Panasonic and use it several times each week - I got it a bit cheaper by ordering it online with Currys and then picking it up in the shop (think it was about £20 cheaper than just going into the shop?!?). Don't mind that there's no window but do occaisionally have a peep which is probably bad. I bought the 253(?) which is the latest model with the nut dispenser but to be honest haven't used it at all so given my time again would probably have spent slightly less and bought the 252 which I think is the same without the dispenser.

Hopefully the house will smell of bread when I get in tonight as I left a loaf on timer this morning. As soon as that's finished I'll be washing the tin out and making a pizza dough mix for tonight's tea. Lovely, can't wait!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I have the Panasonic 252. £64.97 from Amazon. It makes very good bread. Only criticism is I find the screen for setting the options a bit difficult to see. Here's a link to breadmakers on Amazon. You can read the reviews there.

Breadmakers

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

we have the panasonic 253 and alison is right have only used the nut dispencer once or twice but it does make fantastic bread and pizza dough only trouble is with my family of 5 some days we have to make 2 large loaves. LOL

Comment

Mines a Kenwood and it gets used 2 or three times a week. I tend to go for granary flour and add lots of sunflower and pumkin seeds. I too use olive oil and always use low salt. Haven't tried the jam making setting yet, as I don't think it would hold enough.

Comment

Thanks. I think I'll go for one of the Panasonic ones. Probably the one with the nut dispenser because I love bread with all the bits in it.
                    Jools

Comment

I have a bread machine with a dispencer ( not sure of make at work on the night shift ) & find a lot of my seeds & extras miss the pan when I use the dispenser so I just bung them in the bottom under the flour & the bread turns out just fine. I've also made jam only a small amount but no hassle & easy to clean
                      Last edited by Gardeners Delight; 25-01-2007, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Mine doesn't have a dispenser so like you GD I just bung the bits in the pan with everything else. On a couple of the settings there are some beeps supposedly to add stuff then so it doesn't all get chopped up. I have found that it makes little difference putting it in at the beginning and it mixes in better.
                        Bright Blessings
                        Earthbabe

Comment

Hadn't thought of adding seeds at the beginning. I always manage to miss the "beep"! Thanks for that tip!
                          We use ours every other day - we make a large loaf and make it do the two of us over the two days. It is always really lovely. We use oil too, but I'm afraid I can't do without the right amount of salt!
                          ~
                          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

You need a certain amount of salt to stop the yeast being overactive JA, so go for it. Although too much and you get a hard lump because the yeast can't work properly.
                            Bright Blessings
                            Earthbabe

Comment

I'm our breadmaker! I actually like the process and since my early retirement a few months ago I'm in (or in the garden) and doing something else most of the bread making time. I know many people who swear by their breadmaker but I know even more who have one at the back of the cupboard or have given it away. I haven't bought bread for about 25 years. I have made it in the evening (Telly's rubbish usually!)
                              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Wake up to the smell of fresh bread......Naaaaah!

I was duped into buying a breadmaker ages ago by the promise that I could set the timer to mean that I could wake at 7 to the smell of fresh bread baking.

Oh no, no, no.

I woke at 4:30 to the sound of the breadmaker mixing dough. Have hardly used it since.

I also think they make bread very expensive as the power needed to make 1 loaf must be ridiculously high compared to making 6 loaves in your oven.
                                The law will hang the man or woman
                                Who steals the goose from off the common
                                But lets the greater thief go loose
                                Who steals the common from the goose
                                http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X