Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you eat the skin from pumpkin/squash?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you eat the skin from pumpkin/squash?

e.g...when you roast it etc?

Regards
    Crosbie

I don't. I chop it all off before roasting.

Comment

I roast with it on, as I find it easier to remove afterwards, and I like to think more 'goodness' stays in (possibly rubbish, don't know).

I have eaten the skin before too - thin skinned squash, and very long braised/roasted BNS with honey - tasted great.
      I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

I tend to prepare one at a time, and use it throughout the week; some gets roasted, some boiled and put into sauces/chillis/curries etc. So for me, it is easier to peel, deseed and slice it so that it is just ready to use.

Comment

I don't eat the skins.

Comment

Don't eat the skins either and vary whether I cook with or without them on.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Definitely don't eat the skins. Roast and bake in skins, then scoop flesh out. If making soup without pre-roasting then I peel them.

Comment

Funny tho' isn't it - we eat the skins of aubergines...jacket potatoes...baked apples, courgettes etc...but not those of pumpkins and squashes. And jacket potato skins are marketed in their own right these days.

Crosbie

Comment

Yes but the ones we eat are a lot thinner and less tough than winter squash ones so it does make sense.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X