No announcement yet.

Your Best 'Secret' Cooking Tip...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use a potato peeler (good grips do a great one) for shredding cabbage for coleslaw. Really quick and easy.
    All at once I hear your voice
    And time just slips away
    Bonnie Raitt

Comment

A dollop of buttermilk in the leftover heavy cream makes a very tasty creme fraiche. Leave for a day at room temperature and then add whatever you so please. Delicious on braised meat.

Comment

Hi Brengirl - do I detect an American accent?
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

We use a Dutch oven to batch cook and freeze things like Chilli and boll it always tastes better once reheated.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
            Hi Brengirl - do I detect an American accent?
            Hi Jeanied. No way Jose. Just means I use Google too much. The hours I have spent in interpretation could well have been put to better use. Drives me up the proverbial wall.

Comment

Sorry Brengirl - didn't mean to irritate you - just that the last time I heard of buttermilk, heavy cream and braising all in one conversation was when I lived in California!
              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
                Buy one... they are beautiful, beautiful things. *sighs and looks lovingly at dishwasher*
                I did it.
                I was comparing slim-line dishwashers on Tesco Direct, picked the one I wanted (an indesit at £239 over the Beko at £249), was about to buy it and then thought "what's the difference in price from a full-sized one?"
                Turns out there's a full-width Beko for £239, same water and electricity consumption as the slimline and you can get more in.
                Job done.
                Should be coming today, im so excited!
                Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                Snadger - Director of Poetry
                RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Welcome to the dishwasher club, it's heaven
                  Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                    Welcome to the dishwasher club, it's heaven
                    There's a club? Do we have meetings?
                    Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                    Snadger - Director of Poetry
                    RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                    Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                    Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                    piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
                      There's a club? Do we have meetings?
                      Well, you have to do something with the spare time you'll find yourself with.
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Generally held with glass of wine staring at said new addition....
                        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Hope you dont mind a newbie jumping in with a tip:

if you are going to add nuts to the top of a cake (ie blanched almonds etc) sprinkle a *little* fine salt on top....brings out the flavour of the nut a little and compliments the cake's.

* a pinch or less

Comment

Please don't laugh at me, but Im so excited by this one, and dont know why I never thought about it before! If you have any casserole/stew left over that isnt enough for another meal, save it, blitz it with your food processor and use it as a base for your next stew or casserole. Ive done this for a couple of weeks now, and boy, does it improve the flavour of your next meal. If you do try this, let me know what you think. You can of course, freeze this mixture once.
                            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

so... anyone tried my tip?
                              Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X