• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alison Adams View Post
    My mum makes sprout curry ! She's not mad or anything
    I was thinking about being a smarty pants and saying rhubarb,

What is sprout curry like ????

I have used rhubarb in hot Thai style curries - it is good for acidity and balances the chillis.

Comment

I've never eaten it - but I'll ask my dad ! I imagine it will work like spinach.
      Im afraid that rhubarb in curry sounds all wrong to me - but not as bad as curry from chip shops in the 70s which had little pieces of apple and sultanas in it - what was that all about ?!
      odd notes about our kitchen garden project:
      http://www.distractedbyathing.net/tag/garden/

Comment

Originally posted by Scottishnewbie View Post
        uurrgghh! took a look at the courgette curry as we have LOTS and it just looked like a pile of dog pooh! Didnt really inspire me to want to make it i have to say!
        Yea, didn't look the nicest did it!
        Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
        Snadger - Director of Poetry
        RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
        Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
        Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
        piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

That courgette curry - the caption is 'the photo's not great'....you're telling me!!!

It looks vile.

I have been known to put courgette in curries, esp chick pea and potato curry.
          Last edited by zazen999; 04-07-2009, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Curry. Hate it, loathe it, detest it, abhor it..... the smell, the taste, the look, I wouldn't put a poor defenceless veg in a curry if I was starving. Why would anyone want to take something with a beautiful delicate flavour and overpower it with curry? Sorry, when it comes to curry I just don't get it.
            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I'm guessing you don't like curry then?

I think you could argue that putting any strong flavoured sauce with vegetables can overpower the flavour, but I would argue that the flavour of the veg (especially if they're home-grown) will add to the sauce.

Over a billion Indians can't be wrong...
              Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
              Snadger - Director of Poetry
              RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
              Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
              Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
              piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Adams View Post
                I've never eaten it - but I'll ask my dad ! I imagine it will work like spinach.
                Im afraid that rhubarb in curry sounds all wrong to me - but not as bad as curry from chip shops in the 70s which had little pieces of apple and sultanas in it - what was that all about ?!
                When I first started making curry, I used the recipe on the curry-powder tin, which included apple and/or sultanas. I didn't have any apples, and I can't stand sultanas, so I used rhubarb. It worked, rather better than the apple!
                The curries I make these days nearly always include tomatoes (usually tinned).
                There are several veggies that, while they could ACCOMPANY a curry, couldn't be cooked in one. Lettuce comes top of that list, and I would add pretty much all brassicas except broccoli. The 'brassica taste' would tend to clash with the spices. Only in Ankh Morpork do you find curry with swede in it, or do you? Sounds revolting anyway!
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I think I've come up with a veg you wouldn't/couldn't curry?

BEETROOT! I can't even begin to imagine what that'd be like!
                  Same goes for radish and cucumber.

I'm sure courgette would work in a curry - just not that photo - not appetising!

Comment

A friend treated me to beetroot curry (due to her excess crops). I am not a fan of beetroot to start with but will give anything a go. The curry was utterly revolting. The best description I can think of is like vomit. It didn't look good either.

Comment

Asparagus surely wouldn't go in a curry? Definitely lettuce - no way......... Kale? Cabbage curry?
                      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon View Post
                        I think I've come up with a veg you wouldn't/couldn't curry?

BEETROOT! I can't even begin to imagine what that'd be like!
                        Same goes for radish and cucumber.

I'm sure courgette would work in a curry - just not that photo - not appetising!
                        There's a recipe on here somewhere for beetroot curry. My OH had alot of trouble with beetroot afterwards but he's ok now.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                          Phew - if Mr H says so then it must be true

Great mind and all that.
                          Mr H says he is pleased you appreciate great intellect when you hear it.

What is he on?!!
                          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Rhubarb curry? Thought I'd seen it all - until I saw the photo of the courgette curry. How revolting!
                            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X