Breadmakers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear...now I'm in trouble!!!!
    MY bread looks really great!!! (OH made the 1st one)
    too hot to taste but smells lovely- fingers crossed!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Sounds great Nicos!

We use the Bread Flour for Breadmachines all the time. Ordinary bread flour seems to be too heavy. Although normally great fans of brown bread, in the breadmaker we do two thirds white and one third granary. Makes a nice light loaf. (We also like a complete white loaf sometimes - but don't tell the kids, theyll have a go at us! - Very into You are what you eat!)
      ~
      Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Breadmakers

There are reviews of all the breadmakers at amazon.co.ukand a great price on the Panasonic.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Hi Nicos - we bought the same machine last week and I'm loving it! Can smell the bread as we speak

Alison, I was dithering around for weeks about this, but I'm glad I took the plunge - read the reviews of breadmakers on Amazon & other sites and the panasonic came out tops. We actually ordered this online from Currys for the fab price of £77 delivered and it was here in 2 days

I know we've only had it a week but I'm convinced this is one kitchen gadget that wont be relegated to the back of the cupboard anytime soon.
          If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.
          Cicero

Comment

Found the internet offer on Currys yesterday lunch time, it also had an option for it to be reserved at your store for imediate pick up for the same price - picked it up last night but can't understand why if I ordered it on the internet it was £77 but I still paid of it in the store or I could just go to the store and pay £99 - doesn't seem right. Was out last night so didn't get chance to use it - will be baking tonight. OH is already looking forward to waking up to that fresh baked smell.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I paid £99 from John Lewis- no-where else had one in stock , and I needed it for that day as a gift. My last loaf is lovely , which is a relief as it's a lot to pay and not be able to produce something edible!
              Going to try and make pizza dough this weekend.
              Am really chuffed with mine- hope you are too!!

Comment

We bought a panasonic SD-253 about 4-5yrs ago and have never looked back, that was the last time we bought a loaf of bread from a shop, if ours packed up now we would have to rush out and buy another one (what have I said) - they are brilliant. Skipper.
                Skipper

Chinese Proverb - He who asks a question is a fool for a minute; he who does not remains a fool forever

Comment

Alison - I do the same if I want anything from PC world - you order on your PC then pop down to the store and save £s! don't know why, but it works! DDL
                  Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Pizza dough is wonderful from the breadmaker, only problem is we usually end up with a pizza thats the size of the grill pan, about 18" by 2', yummy but very filling, especially when theres only two of you eating it!
                    Blessings
                    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Mrs D - do what we do and break off a bit of the dough and make into two nice ciabatta style rolls - still filling, especially when dripping with butter, but doesn't seem quite so overawing (if you know what I mean)
                      ~
                      Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Good idea Jenny, I hadnt thought of that! Mind you, it would mean I've no excuses to eat huge Pizza anymore! lol!
                        Blessings
                        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Tried the pizza dough last night but must have put too much water in as it ended up looking a bit like thick wall paper paste. Thought I'd followed the recipe in the book that came with the maker but obviously got it wrong. Had to add more flour to make it OK - it did taste very good eventually but tea was a bit late last night! Need to get some more flour at lunch time so can make a loaf tonight.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

hope it's a good one!!!!

Comment

Had my machine (Kenwood) for a while now and use it for most of my bread (OH still likes his sliced white for sandwiches though). I use olive oil and low salt in my recipes and loads of seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, linseed and anything else I can get my hands on). Haven't tried jam but gingerbread seems to work ok.

Comment

on your strong recomendations we got a panasonic bread maker today, had tom's on toast tonight for my tea and have to say the bread was excellent, can't wait to try other recipes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X