Half leg of lamb to slow roast?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half leg of lamb to slow roast?

Hi All - am trying to use up some stuff out of the freezer and thought i'd do this....it's a small piece of meat and I'll bulk up with veg etc....but do you think slow roasting with garlic, rosemary would work?

But if you have any other suggestions, please let me know!

Thanks, Dee
    "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Yes, slow roasted lamb is gorgeous
    I usually put it in at about 200c for 20 minutes, then take it out and cover it with foil and put it back in at about 150c and cook it for a couple of hours. I sometimes put a bed of veg under it too (roughly chopped onions/carrots/celery) which helps to provide moisture and soak up some fat

Comment

great sarzwix...could I use a slow cooker or is an oven better?
      "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

pierce it and slot peeled garlic cloves into the slots with a bit of rosemary, yum
        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I don't know deezy, because I don't have one But I can't see why not?!

Comment

thanks guys...I'm sure it'll be fine! I just don't want to ruin it...you know how it is...and it's such a small piece of meat but I still want it to be fine! I'll try the slow cooker and let you know how things go!

Ta, D x

Comment

The last couple of legs of lamb I have done, I have done them in the slow cooker. Pierced it all over and spiked it with garlic and covered it with a butter paper. Its been fine.

Comment

Snap. Except it's stuffed breast of lamb. In oven as I type this for tonight. Want to eat before Dr Who...hahaha.

Cooking at 120C/Gas mark 1-2 for 3/4 hours. Lovely with some spring greens and new pots. Its great to be able to put it away and leave to get on with it.

Got some meringues on bottom shelf but made profiteroles earlier for afters.

Enjoy yours...it's very good with garlic and rosemary

Comment

I agree with all the previous comments, but don't forget the red wine to wash it down with!

Comment

thanks again for further comments...and geoff, thanks for the red wine input! never thought of that! turns out that my mum is unwell and won't be eating with me....but all the more for me!

Comment

I did a lamb shoulder in the slow cooker last week and it was melt in the mouth. I'd be lost without that particular bit of kit!!
                      Hard to go wrong with lamb really, slow cooking/roasting always comes out nice.
                      Kirsty b xx

Comment

hi all.....did the lamb today...perfect! the slow cooker is just the job, as I prepared the lamb with garlic and rosemary and could leave it to go outside and garden....just had the lamb wth dauphinoise potatoes and some veg....scrumptious! thanks for your tips on this.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X