No announcement yet.

River Cottage School

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, valmarg - you are right this is HFW's latest book. Hot off the press! You can also get a copy from the river cottage website. Haven't seen it myself - my ask santa! DDL
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

• Hugh is on the Paul O'Grady show tomorrow (Wednesday) 5 pm. Channel 4.
      [

Comment

• Alison, I am thoroughly enjoying the book. In fact, since OH brought it back from the library, he hasn't had a look in!!

It is a collection of his cookery articles, taken over a long period of time, ie before River Cottage (so far). It is humerous, but then again, what would you expect from him.

I would have to admit, that until I saw him on TV, I had never read any of his articles. I'm not even sure which paper/magazine he wrote for, but in the earlier articles he does mention Punch, which has long been defunct (twice).

Oh, and if anyone is interested, he is (according to Radio Times - which has been known to get things wrong!!!) a guest on the Paul O'Grady Show, 5pm to 6pm on Channel 4 tomorrow (Wednesday 16 October).

Also Alison, it is Terry's old Gals (and Geezers) whichever applies. Nothing to do with duvets!

Sorry, got to get back to the book.

valmarg

Comment

• Have to try and catch that, if we're back from the plot by then! Seems we are always the last ones left on at night, working long after everyone else has gone home! lol!
          Blessings
          Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
          Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
          Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
          On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

• Well, what a disappointment!!!!

We recorded the Paul O'Grady show!!! Complete waste of tape.

He had that stupid tart Jade whatsername on, making inane remarks when
            HF-W was on.

Any of you out there who missed the show, YOU MISSED NOTHING!!!!!

At least the HF-W book they mentioned, is the one I am reading at the moment, and it is well worth reading.

I shall be giving PO'G's show a very wide berth in future, if this is anything to do with the standard of his show!! - CRAP!!!

Yeuk!!

Comment

• But Hugh looked really cute and cuddley didn't he???
              [

Comment

• missed it but it sounds like I didn't miss much as he was not on long..Shame on Paul O'Grady, he gets someone intelligent for once.
                Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

• Originally posted by Lesley Jay View Post
                  But Hugh looked really cute and cuddley didn't he???
                  Well yess, LJ, he did, but having been looking forward to the programme, and making OH record it, it was a real letdown.

That stoopid Jordan asking what a Yeti is. I answered, probably your first cousin!

I shall just go and sheathe my claws,and get over my disappointment by reading some more of the book.

vaqlmarg

Comment

• P.S. Roll on 2nd November, and his new series!!

Comment

• That is what these programmes are like. Hugh should have been the only guest because I bet him and Paul would have got on well with them both being smallholders.
                      [

Comment

• Originally posted by Lesley Jay View Post
                        That is what these programmes are like. Hugh should have been the only guest because I bet him and Paul would have got on well with them both being smallholders.
                        Well I've heard Paul O'Grady called some things but never a small holder
                        ntg
                        Never be afraid to try something new.
                        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                        ==================================================

Comment

• I can't agree more Nick; didn't like him as Lily Savage either
                          Live each day as if it was your last because one day it will be

Comment

• Nick we will have to agree to disagree.
                            [

Comment

• Have to say I really like his tv shows and his meat book is brilliant.But its all getting a bit too much.His so called"free book"in todays Independant was rubbish.One piece was written by his head chief at River Cottage.How many smallholdings have a head chief.This is not living the dream but exploiting peoples fantasies.

Comment

• You can hardly blame him for making the most of his popularity. Hugh has his smallholding/farm which is his home and also the River Cottage business where his head chef works. I still do think that Hugh has changed the way alot of people live their lives - growing their own vegetables etc and for the lucky ones opting out and buying a smallholding.
                                [

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X