River Cottage School

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your right Earthbabe,

Red Squuirrel is the native where as the tree rat (grey) is a damn foreign import

They are sometimes called flightless partridge in posh resurants
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

• When do you get to posh restaurants then, Nick?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• I ofter rummage thru the bins
        ntg

Comment

• Ah that sounds more like it, was worried that you'd sold out!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

• Kicked out more like
            ntg

Comment

• Not suggesting that grey squirrels are a protected species.But in a sence all animals have some protection and crueity towards them is an illegal act. Unless you can prove that you have killed a squirrel in an humane way then its illegal (for that reason you cannot use mouse traps). And I dont think that we live in a country where food is so short that we need to resort to such measures.Whats going to be next-Hedgehogs baked in clay.Cant wait for that one.
              I know that I seem to have a bee in my bonnet about the free book but just see it as a slippery slope. First it wasnot a book. People buying that paper,me included,were expecting something more and were simply misled.And the contents. Since when have onions,for example,been in season in October.
              I for one much prefer Monty, and have started watching Gardeners World again since he has started presented it. Was really moved today by his article in The Mail talking about his project with drug addicts.That work is alot more honest,socially valuable than this pretense of self suffientcy.

Comment

• It's probably horses for courses as I stopped watching GW when Monty started to present - much preferred Alan. Nothing personal for or against any of them, just a preference of presenting style. Don't expect to do even 25% of what HFW does on his programme or advocates in his books but they've given me ideas and have found some of his previous books quite insprirations - FYI meant to buy the paper on Saturday but totally forgot until after it had gone dark and then couldn't be bothered!

Comment

• Am rather chuffed! got a copy of HFWs latest book off ebay for half price! Cant wait to get stuck in! DDL
                  Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

• Have to agree with you i also think you have to be rich to live this self surficient good life, But like LJ i never give up hope that one day it might be me

Comment

• No matter how wealthy....I could never kill a pig/cow/deer/boar/squirrel/hedgehog or sheep to eat...maybe at a push fowl and fish, I suppose you would then employ someone to do it for you, but that's not really the idea is it???
                      Certainly couldn't eat grubs and insects either.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• So, what did everyone think of the River Cottage Treatment?

Personally I thought it superb! Hugh's whole ethos about taking responsibility for your choice to eat meat is one I wholeheartedly agree with! Perhaps thats why we'd never get the chance to go on a prog like this, cos we already agree with him, and he was looking to prove a longstanding point to those who may not have thought about the question of our personal responsibility before!
                        Blessings
                        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

• I missed it O.H was surposed to record it as i work every thursday night but there was a problem with the tuning or something gggrrrr

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X