No announcement yet.

River Cottage School

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget Nick, I've seen your photo! If you just grew your hair a bit longer, had a perm, got a pair of specs................................. DDL
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Ah you didn't look closley DDl cos I wear specs & I used to have long hair but it isn't the done thing to look trendier than your kids .... so they tell me
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

Just had another look Nick - those specs suit you! I must admit I need a new pair of specs! think slightly longer hair would suit you - says she who has a "number 4" all over! very short, spikey and very, very grey! You wouldn't want to see my photo! DDL
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

hi DDL, tell me, where is Nicks photo so i can judge for myself?

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

In Nicks profile page. He takes a damned good photo!!!
            [

Comment

I think Nick was at a wedding! DDL He looks very posh for working on his lottie!
              Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
                ...........think slightly longer hair would suit you .....
                That is long DDL !!! I normally sport a No2 (haircut not poo on my head that is )

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
                I think Nick was at a wedding! DDL He looks very posh for working on his lottie!
                Actually one was at a poshe otel for a retirement doo. The lady who retired is just to the lef & downa bit in the full photo as she's only 4ft somethine & I'm nearlt 6ft!
                ntg

Comment

To be fair, short hair is good! DDL
                  Bernie aka DDL

Comment

It use to be half way down my back would you belive
                    Last edited by nick the grief; 06-10-2006, 06:36 PM.
                    ntg

Comment

Many, many, many years ago! (before I got married) so 1981 methinks! I went to a wedding with my to-be OH, and he liked my hair "long"! there is a photo (somewhere!) the wind is blowing and I look like my "buzby" is blowing around in the wind! now then! there's a funny photo, if only I could find it and show you! .................. DDL
                      Oh, don't forget the "derdrie" specs from coronation street! Blimey!
                      Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Sorry to drag this away from hair cuts (mine's more the shoulder length casual look ie easy to care for etc if anybody wants to know!) but have just been given a book called Cooking Outside the Box which is the Abel and Cole cookbook, very much a seasonal cook book that those who like the HFW style of things would enjoy, already cooked a couple of dishes from the autumn section to great effect - well I liked them and the OH ate them fine if that's anything to go by!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Hi Alison, that sounds like a good read. Any recommended recipes to share?
                          Bright Blessings
                          Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

The River Cottage Treatment

Hi Alison - yes, that book sounds brill - tried to find it on ebay, but found it on abe books - will have to ask OH if I can have it as a pressie!

Just got an email from the River Cottage Team - the new series is called The River Cottage Treatment - starts Channel 4 - 8pm on 2/11/06 - guess the Vine will be pretty quiet then! DDL
                            Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Have tried the Pork Loin Chops on a Bed of Sweet Orchard Apples, the Pumpkin and Apple Soup (excessive numbers of fallen apples to use!) and the Roast Monkfish with Beetroot and Goats' Cheese Salad and think we're having the Gardener's Chicken with Pumpkin and Walnuts for tea tonight although the pumpkin will be a butternut squash in this case. That's one of the things I like in the book is that it recomends alternatives if you don't have any of one ingredient.

I used to find it really hard to have a lot of variety in my diet when I first started eating more seasonally but really beginning to get the hand of it now and I'm sure we're eating more healthly for it. I'm quite lucky round here as in addition to what we grow ourselves there's a couple of good box and local delivery schemes which always helps.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Hi Alison - have you tried northernharvest? they are very close to you and have an excellent range of veg/fruit/meat/others and a very good delivery service - even as far as here in Preston! DDL
                                Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X