No announcement yet.

bananas

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope he likes it and hope he gets better soon, remember to peel of the skin!

Andrewo
    Best wishes
    Andrewo
    Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

Many moons ago when I was a scout leader (no jokes please) we used to get a pin stick it in the banana and the use it to slice it up in the skin, wack it on the fire and give it a couple of mins to heat through.

The younger scouts used to belive me when I told them they were a special variety that were grown like that so you could stick a chocolate button in between the slices..

Ah the inocense (or no sense) of youth
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

Andrew
        Any recipe you have that involves, in no particular order, rum, condensed milk, more rum , condensed milk , fruit, even more rum , vanilla, lots of rum , condensed milk and finally, whatevers left in the bottle of rum sounds tooooooo good to be true - not that I'm partial to the odd rum or three, or that I have a sweet tooth, even for a Glaswegian, God forbid, it's just that thanks to the birds round these parts, the top of my stone wall at the rear of the garden is home to three goosegog bushes - varieties unknown but two are red and one is green. The ones in my garden were decimated by sawfly, but I guess sawfly don't like 7ft high walls.
        Rat
        Last edited by sewer rat; 16-02-2006, 09:46 PM.
        Rat

British by birth
        Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
        http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

So simple

It's so simple, you blitz them in a food processor, add condensed milk, add vanilla and then rum, you can drink with or without but it is a refreshing drink.

And it is wonderful concoction for the new allotmenteer, I like to call it gardening with alcohol or ten easy steps for first timers:

(1) Get a deck chair, place it on the path on your allotment or any level space, take a drink of the Goosegog Rum Milk.
          (2) Note warmth in cheeks, take another drink, watch as weeds seem to turn fuzzy, have another drink.
          (3) Have another drink.
          (4) And another.
          (5) Note with wonder that the weeds seem to have gone and been replaced with green things, take another drink, squint.
          (6) Take a large drink.
          (7) Prod ground with hoe, DO NOT GET UP FROM THE CHAIR, REPEAT DO NOT GET UP FROM CHAIR.
          (8) Have another drink, share the drink with the soil, passing wildlife and neighbours.
          (9) Look at the ground around you, miraculously you can only see green and no weeds, squint and you may make out rows of vegetables, have another drink.
          (10) Look at your allotment, and note the abundant array of veg, have another drink and settle back in the chair.
          Best wishes
          Andrewo

Comment

Banana Loaf Recipe
            2 cups S.R.Flour
            1 cup Sugar
            2 Eggs
            1/2 cup oil
            1tsp Vanilla Essence
            1tsp Bicarb
            1/2 tsp Baking powder
            3 tbsp milk
            3 Soft Bananas
            Mix all together in mixer pour into 2 loaf tins and bake at 180.F. 40 mins
            Alternately, bury whole bananas under your rose bushes,according to Alan Titchmarsh.

Comment

Sounds good, I use to add carrots too.
              Best wishes
              Andrewo

Comment

Try freezing whole and then sucking like a creamy ice lolly - very good if you have small kids and also very good if you are on a diet!!!
                Lollarossa

Comment

Banana pancakes,
                  Make a pancake mixture using 100g self raising flour
                  1 tablespoon sugar, 1 egg and enough milk to make a thickish batter. mash two or three bananas into submission and add. Fry tablespoonfuls in a little oil.
                  These are like scotch pancakes and are very good with a little cinnamon added to the mixture.

Comment

Lollarossa and Blackkitty both those ideas for bananas sound absolutely lovely!
                    [

Comment

If having a BBQ
                      peel the skin off and wrap in foil, not to tight
                      place on the bbq grill while your eating your main course
                      serve with ice cream or cream, on their own if you want, tastes wonderful.

The peeled banana in the freeze eaten like a lolly is also wonderful

Comment

My OH loves banana omelettes - beat a couple of eggs with a bit of sugar, fry banana in a bit of butter & then pour over the eggs - cook til set!!! It's something his mum used to make when he was a boy!!

Other fave recipe is to peel, put in foil parcel with some caramel - butter, brown sugar & cream - and bake in oven/on bbq - yummy with homemade icecream
                        Last edited by Sunbeam; 30-06-2006, 07:38 PM.
                        How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.”

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X