No announcement yet.

Royal Fudge - Nice for a Present

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just made some of the Royal fudge and it was so easy. The amount was doubled and one tray is now smothered in chocolate and the other just plain and both are in the fridge to set.

It tastes really good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
      I have just made some of the Royal fudge and it was so easy. The amount was doubled and one tray is now smothered in chocolate and the other just plain and both are in the fridge to set.

It tastes really good as well.
      Excellent!

I've experimented - I made some a few weeks ago and stuck it in the freezer. Defrosted it today and it still tastes fine, & texture stays fine too. Yay!

Comment

I made the James Martin one at 3.30 this morning when I couldn't sleep. Except for needing a lot longer to boil than it says, more like 40 mins than 20, it's worked really well. I'm using the trimming to reward son no2 for helping me
        I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
        Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm just about to embark on Shirls recipe! Here goes - wish me luck!!
          I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

How's it going Bephlam? Hope it's a success

BarleySugar, every recipe I've tried takes longer to boil than it says!

Comment

I officially can't make fudge - I've had THREE attempts, with three recipes...and it's still not working. So, I give up!!!!
              I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

What went wrong with mine. I made it for a second time yesterday and about half of it came out rather grainy.

Any ideas!

Comment

I think you need to beat it in the early cooling stage - as far as I recall, the recipe I posted turns out a bit like butter tablet which is supposed to be a bit grainy
                  Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 28-12-2008, 12:40 PM.
                  Happy Gardening,
                  Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by Bephlam View Post
                    I officially can't make fudge - I've had THREE attempts, with three recipes...and it's still not working. So, I give up!!!!
                    Did you try the recipe for the chocolatey stuff that I gave you? Did that work? That is definately a foolproof recipe, and i think it's gorgeous

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
                      What went wrong with mine. I made it for a second time yesterday and about half of it came out rather grainy.

Any ideas!
                      Sometimes grains of undissolved sugar on the side of the pan, mixed into the fudge in the final beating can affect the finished texture? Or so I've read!

Any of mine which go a bit pear shaped get chopped into little pieces and mixed in with ice-cream, works especially well with the ones which didn't set properly

Comment

Thanks for that Sarah, do you beat yours with a whist or a wooden spoon?

Comment

Wooden spoon, makes my arms ache like hell

Comment

How long to you beat it for, I did mine for about 5 mins.

Comment

I tried making fudge to include in our Christmas Hampers along with all the HM jams/chutneys/wines/beers/shortbread etc. Only I wrecked it!! It burnt on the bottom of the pan and so when I went to beat it, all these dark brown flecks appeared in the fudge, and it tasted kinda like treacle toffee

Question for the fudge experts:
                              I'm going to try again to make it without burning it, but I'm thinking of using an electric hand mixer (on low) to do the beating for me at the end... has anyone else tried this?

My arm got sooooooooo sore from the beating last time, I'd love to use a hand beater if it would work!

Comment

Originally posted by Scubabe View Post
                                I tried making fudge to include in our Christmas Hampers along with all the HM jams/chutneys/wines/beers/shortbread etc. Only I wrecked it!! It burnt on the bottom of the pan and so when I went to beat it, all these dark brown flecks appeared in the fudge, and it tasted kinda like treacle toffee

Question for the fudge experts:
                                I'm going to try again to make it without burning it, but I'm thinking of using an electric hand mixer (on low) to do the beating for me at the end... has anyone else tried this?

My arm got sooooooooo sore from the beating last time, I'd love to use a hand beater if it would work!
                                i am terrible for burning things to the bottom of the pan, as long as its just caught though, you could quickly pour it into a clean pan and continue, if its REALLY burned, it will affect the taste.

Top Tip: keep a second pan handy.
                                Last edited by BrideXIII; 04-01-2009, 02:47 PM.
                                Vive Le Revolution!!!
                                'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                                Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X