No announcement yet.

HELP!! Jalepeno glut!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Scotch bonnets, love them to death!! I will always use them when I can get my hands on them! Tesco sometimes do them, or there are other places I can get them from but have to travel a bit.

I know what you are saying about all the different chilli plants, just looking around on the web and seeing all the different types of seed that are about makes my head spin! spoilt for choice!

Im going to order some chilli seeds soon from a web site called Ready To Grow! I ordered some great looking types of tomato seeds from them last week on Thursday afternoon and was holding the seeds in my hand on Saturday morning! I think there prices are not too bad, also it is a flat 80 pence post charge from them so if ordering lots of seed then I think that is quite good!

All the best Jan
    Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

I would use Jalapeno peppers in guacamole, tomato salsa (YouTube - Raw Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe Jalapeno Mercola Luci Lock), ... cheese quesadilla (How To Make A Quesadilla Recipe (Food & Drink: Mexican Food))

Gawd, I miss real Mexican food!

Comment

ill have a look at that site irie jan
        thanks marigold i love spicy food!! especially guacamole!! will make it saturday night chips dips and movie lol lol
        Quick question have been saving the seeds of the chillies and peppers i have used how are they best stored?? am i doing the right thing by drying them on the windowsill??

Comment

Hi I was wondering more or less the same thing as you were asking!

I just had a quick Google and came up with the following! not sure that the windowsill is a good place as read somewhere that sunlght will kill off tomato seeds!!

I had a quick glance at this web site and it said not to dry the seeds on a windowsill, prob for the same reason as with the Tom's! I did not get a chance to read it all as the phones at work are going potty so had to stop but wanted to give you the link. It looks informative!
          chile pepper seed saving

Have a good weekend!
          xx Jan

One Love & Unity

Comment

Typical i dried mine on the window sill!! hey ho ive read the link you sent me very good site so will try my next lot that way!!

Comment

Nevermind, give them a go anyway, the lack of sunshine we have had! You might be lucky, perhaps the sun was not hot enough to kill them.

One Love & Unity

Comment

Chilli Glut!!

Hi there,
                I always pop any extra chillies I have ito a freezer bag and freeze them while they are fresh. Works a treat for me, and they are easy to slice when frozen!
                I have tried this over the years with various cilli's, and it works for me.
                Regards.
                Jazzi

Comment

Thank Mizjazzi
                  Have frozen a load of long green chillis now
                  got what looks like whitefly on some of my chilli plants any ideas how to get rid of them organically????
                  I also think something is causing some of my larger chilli 's to blotch (its not blossom end rot it looks like some thing else) any ideas help??
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by maximepaul View Post
                    Thank Mizjazzi
                    got what looks like whitefly on some of my chilli plants any ideas how to get rid of them organically????
                    I also think something is causing some of my larger chilli 's to blotch (its not blossom end rot it looks like some thing else) any ideas help??
                    Thanks
                    Mine suffered badly from these (whitefly) this year, my solution was to take them outside, spray with diluted washing up liquid daily until all the white fly were gone ( this time of year stick em in the bath) worked a treat.
                    Last edited by BrideXIII; 17-10-2008, 03:35 PM.
                    Vive Le Revolution!!!
                    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Dry them untill you need them.

See my thread.

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ies_23522.html

Wren

Comment

Re: Whitefly

Originally posted by maximepaul View Post
                        Thank Mizjazzi
                        Thanks
                        Hi here,
                        I've not had that problem, but I grow them outside and only bring them in for winter. I guess it cound be due to damp,and a wash off sounds like a good idea!!
                        Good luck . Mizjazzi

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X